Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Whimsey"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Whimsey

By rwakeley29/11/2017 17:59Wed Nov 29 17:59:30 2017In response to Re: ...Or the final penalty kick.

Views: 2631

The goalie clearly had an eventful night and many will denounce what I'm about to type - but hey it is a forum.
One thing I really like doing with young players is making comparisons with established counter-parts. I don't know if they can subsequently be moulded but equally I don't dismiss it completely.
The only other Hendon lad who prior to seeing the lad last night was Charlie Goode. He reminded me straight away of an ex-Telford centre-half named Alan Walker. He went on to play in the league for Lincoln City and Millwall. Managed Maidstone United. Both had the similar gangly, ugly duckling appearance. You do of course have to replicate the talent.
I've been racking my brains to equate this lad to someone. I've come up with Chris Kirkland. His wiki bio quotes 'identified at an early age - uncommon mixture of height, agility and bravery' Kirkland was 6ft 6 in.
I'm not saying for one moment this lad could end up at Anfield Road, who knows what lies ahead - this maybe perceived as counter-productive that's not my intention to hinder the lad with expectations or my useless opinion.
He handled a pressure environment which says a boatload about his character.
Good luck to the young man.