Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: And don’t leave away games early"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: And don?t leave away games early

By John Rogers16/9/2017 00:06Sat Sep 16 00:06:15 2017In response to Re: And don?t leave away games early

Views: 2980

And that's a very good point, I think. For me, the difference between a good keeper at our level and an average keeper is the number of goals they are culpable for. Personally, and I admit I haven't seen anything like every game Tom has played, I can't think of a goal he has conceded that has been down to a glaring error on his part.

In contrast, other keepers - Ben McNamara included, have been obviously culpable for goals conceded, or made quite obvious errors of judgement that have gone unpunished.

What I like best about Tom is that he is unfussy. He does the simple things well and without drama - like Gary. In my view he is the best keeper we have had since the gaffer by some distance, both in terms of quality and most importantly, consistency.