Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Crowd control problems?"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Crowd control problems?

By dw18/11/2016 22:27Fri Nov 18 22:27:14 2016In response to Re: Crowd control problems?

Views: 2405

Attendances have been very much better this season at SJP. This was clearly hoped for and proved to be correct. The atmosphere at home Saturday games has been great. Unbeaten since the opening day I believe.

Unfortunately cup fixture clashes with virtually all our scheduled home Saturday league games has meant that a home league game on a Saturday has become a very rare event. I acknowledge that this has been due largely to our great FA Cup run, but it does pose questions. If FA Cup ties were all played midweek clubs would have a stable level of income from home Saturday league games, rather than constantly having the risk of having to split proceeds from cup ties. Midweek league games inevitably attract lower attendances than Saturday games.

Hendon have been dealt a raw deal in my opinion due to FA competion dates clashing with home league games.