Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Play-off farce and doing sweet FA"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Play-off farce and doing sweet FA

By David B1/6/2015 14:02Mon Jun 1 14:02:21 2015In response to Re: The play-off farce

Views: 2746

I have to agree with John R on this. The League has been made to look bad by the FA?s prevarication. The rules set by the FA are only endorsed by the Leagues ? and, in many cases, they cannot refuse to accept them ? so the Ryman League was unable to do anything to change the process.

Whilst I agree that if the League said they would release a further statement they should have done so, once Enfield?s window of opportunity to lodge an appeal to the League had passed without a claim, nothing more needed to be said. In fact, my understanding is that the only thing the League could have said is that they were bound by FA regulations in what were they were able to do, which would have helped nobody and clarified nothing.

Everybody in football is banging on about FIFA and their inadequacies. A look closer to home, at England?s football governing body, reveal much that is unsatisfactory too. We are just one of a number of victims in recent times. Their plan to drop England C as a cost-cutting measure is stupidly short-sighted.

I would have thought that the FA should demand that 5 percent of all broadcast deals done by individual competitions for domestic league football, should go to the FA. The new Premier League deal, £5.1billion over three seasons, works out at £1.7billion per year. If the FA took 5 percent, that would realise £85million per year, or a quarter of a billion over three years. If 1 percent of that 5 percent (0.05 percent, or one-20,000th) was passed down to, say, 600 clubs below what was the Conference (i.e outside the top 160 clubs), that would be worth £85,000 per year to each one ? more than enough to keep most going.