Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Quandry over goal..."

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Quandry over goal...

By rwakeley (legacy user)25/8/2014 23:41Mon Aug 25 23:41:08 2014

Views: 4135

...and not the second one - but the first. Sitting in the stand the possee were debating Kevin Mac's options in spraying his passes wide or the lack of oppotunities due to the formation. With that very next instance he does exactly that and twenty seconds later the lads are one up.
I still have an unease over our flanks and I fret that better opponents will counter-act. The wide players are up with the highest line on a continual basis. Kevin Mac has done a wonderful job switching play, today for a brief spell was the first time in several games this has re-appeared as an attacking option.
I was impressed today with the hold-up play of the lad Ibe. He looks a tenacious little so and so. I do think the forwards need to make themselves more available and drop-off.
I'm getting more impressed with each performance. As is of yet I have not been overly impressed with any of the opposition this season but the lads look physically in good nick and mentally robust.
The work ethic of the lads is very commendable. It's a very encouraging start, credit to one and all.

rwakeley