Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Happy"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Happy

By John Fordham (legacy user)26/1/2014 18:12Sun Jan 26 18:12:53 2014In response to re: Great Old Photos of Hendon

Views: 7960

Many thanks for posting link - brings back many memories from my youth.

I remember Happy really well, as will many older supporters. He was one of the characters in this world and was known to just about everyone who lived in central Hendon. For many years he had a cobblers shop on Church Rd and then subsequently worked for the Council. He was Hendon's mascot and for big occassions always wore his green and white suit. His favourite phrase was "wear your colours". For a number of years his association with Hendon FC was commemerated in the The Greyhound pub (Greyhound Hill) where "Happy's Bar" was full of memorabelia.

One thing I always remember is the betting system he used - he was always down the bookies. His system was to bet on all horses that started with the letter 'O'. Don't think it worked.

Happy (sic) memories.