Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Off to buy some waders!"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Off to buy some waders!

By rwakeley (legacy user)3/1/2014 12:46Fri Jan 3 12:46:51 2014In response to Plastic not so fantastic

Views: 4899

Bought my train tickets for Maidstone and Lewes last month. My two longest journeys of the season. Honestly don't know what to do. With the game all but confirmed, I am naturally concerned with the travel. If all goes to plan I don't get home until eleven. I can't afford delays. I have heard of pre-Christmas travel problems around London Bridge pertaining to "slippery tracks" - off to try and find present information.
I actually travelled down mid-week, not in so-much hope as a game but to act touristy. The trains were slowed as they passed through Oxon and Bucks as water was encroaching the lines. The levels of surface water was un-parralleled.
As for my personal take on plastic, I think it is idiosyncratic and hence will offer an aid to the side of whom is most accustomed.
I get the feeling I am not going to be happy what-ever happens on and off the pitch tommorrow.
Either way, good luck to one and all - here's hoping for a good result.

rwakeley