Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Re: Mixed emotions...again!"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Re: Mixed emotions...again!

By Pink Panther (legacy user)16/12/2013 12:19Mon Dec 16 12:19:52 2013In response to Re: Mixed emotions...again!

Views: 4525

From a Dulwich perspective that was certainly our poorest attacking performance in a league match this season. Our two most experienced wingers, Dean Lodge & Ellis Green, were missing which didn't help, while our best other winger Nyren Clunis was out of position on the left. (Lodge is suspended and Green appeared from the bench but is well short of match fitness after two months out with a hamstring injury.) Having conceded 13 goals in our previous four league matches, and shown a worrying tendency to concede two or three in the space of five or ten minutes, the clean sheet was welcome, but I thought Hendon were very disappointing. Considering you occupy a respectable mid-table position and had scored more goals than almost anyone else I expected our defence to have a difficult afternoon, but apart from Jefferson Louis (exactly the type of number 9 we lack; quick, mobile and capable of playing as a single striker) Hendon posed little attacking threat. All your scoring chances of note seemed to come from Louis, and he seemed to have to create them all for himself with little support.

That referee has officiated in our league since at least 1996 and I've always found him worryingly erratic. How he missed the handling offence by our keepr is beyond me as it was clearly visible from the back of the stand fifty yards away and he seemed to be looking right at it with nobody to impede his view. However, he gave a sting of baffling decisions to the detriment of both sides. (Louis clearly shoved Peter Adeniyi in the back to win the ball before that narrow miss early in the game.) I'm also fairly certain your captain committed the foul for which your number 4 was booked just before halftime, and he'd already been deservedly booked, in which case you should have been down to ten men for the second half.

I guess mid-table sides by nature are inconsistent. You'll probably field the same side next weekend and play much more convincingly.

As for Dulwich, we're well established in the top five right now, but we haven't taken a point off any of the other top six sides yet, and we've only played away to two teams in the top half of the current table. We're the most predictable team in the division in terms of results: we beat the teams below us and lose to those above us. Our remaining fixtures look a lot more testing than those we've already played, so I think it will be a great achivement if we make the play-offs

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/dulwichhamlet/videos/dulwich-win-the-championship-with-this-goal-by-xavier-vidal-dulwich-hamlet-1--1-burgess-hill-town-on-the-2742013-39661.html