Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Reply to "Mixed emotions...again!"

You must log in or register before you can post an article

return to the front page

Mixed emotions...again!

By rwakeley (legacy user)15/12/2013 02:25Sun Dec 15 02:25:36 2013

Views: 4916

I was angry post Whistable - I thought we blew it. Slightly differing characteristics today - same outcome. The goals conceded - less said the better. Again Casey making timely interventions at the back.
The lad Oztumer, pulling the strings, reminded me of Luton, they are a useful outfit. I have never seen a side, (Dulwich), play with such a high line. I felt we were good value and a'la Whitstable a gift or two and the games gone.
Which was a shame for all our effort and input. Looking at their record, I travelled in trepidation - I expected a ruddy onslaught - I not only thought we coped admirably, I thought we had them rattled.
Only the Stones and Horncurch have won there and it's testimony to our efforts we could/should be on that list. But you just can't defend like that..
In the past month we have missed out on key tests and have fallen short in the same manner. On the one hand, It's a positive to come away from Dulwich crestfallen when so few have tasted success, on another hand it's a shame for all concerned because of the team the management have assembled and what we have in our locker. The lads work-rate has been exceptional.
Keep working hard.

rwakeley