Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Haringay by rwakeley5/12/2020 22:20Sat Dec 5 22:20:41 2020view thread

Dorchester away

By AlanAinsworth28/11/2020 16:29Sat Nov 28 16:29:04 2020

Views: 5915

Just thought I'd take a bored look in, to see what's afoot at the bastion of piety, righteousness and equality that HFC has saved its soul by morphing into... with "ambitious" Queen's Park's team of "Rayvolution" mercenaries looking set to sink a Saturday acca for the 2nd time this season.
I hope you're all well.
I was vaguely considering trekking to Dorchester in a fortnight's time. Just being bored and inquisitive.
Good day out.
Normally.
If you don't mind paying £4 for an organic sausage roll and a similar price for a fair trade coffee.
Difficult to see how a club in a town with that much money and no rugby tradition, playing in a Football League standard ground, can be so consistently crap and short of cash. I noted ex-Fulham fullback Robbie Herrera was appointed manager in the week. Assisted by ex-Plymouth boss Kevin Hodges, who played 700-odd games for Argyle. Hopefully Herrera's lost the habit of wearing Jheri-curls and Hodges has lost the habit of keeping clubs slumming-it near the bottom of divisions they had no business of dropping into in the first place.
No "Trainline" giveaways on offer.
Hardly surprising. "Far right" and "Evil Tories" though they may be, Her Majesty's Government seems intent on nationalising and monopolising the practice of giving away money, by ensuring that nobody else has any.
There won't be any trains on offer soon - if people keep going down with this lethal disease... which has so far killed almost as many folk who died of starvation on a small island to the west of us in three years in the mid-1800s... and almost 70% of the global tally of road traffic accident fatalities.
And there's a replacement bus service from Wareham... on which social distancing guidelines will doubtless be observed.
Still not impossible that I might turn-up... Yersinia pestis, Attila the Hun and the imminent Chinese conquest of the globe notwithstanding.
Merry Christmas!... Though getting merry at Dorchester pub prices might be difficult.

Edited by AlanAinsworth at 16:29:38 on 28th November 2020

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: Thoughts - Part 1 by rwakeley28/10/2020 21:22Wed Oct 28 21:22:55 2020view thread