Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Different players, bad habits by John Rogers22/12/2019 13:03Sun Dec 22 13:03:57 2019view thread

Re: Thoughts - What the Dickens!

By rwakeley19/12/2019 12:16Thu Dec 19 12:16:12 2019In response to Thoughts

Views: 13915

Sitting here having just signed off a Leccy Bill got me thinking!
Ghost of Christmas Present. Saturday. First time in living memory where I intend to head South with some genuine conviction and hope of a victory. I'm convinced we are more Scrooge like at the back and they appear to be short on fire-power up-front. The ideal game for us to cement our credentials and make a statement. I do think this game is actually quite important for the team. The Honeymoon period is over, it's time to get established and push on. A chance to really turn on the charm. I want to see these lads take this lot to the cleaners. I think we need it to galvanize us at this stage. Whatever manifests, it's going to an improvement on last season's encounter.
The Ghost of Christmas Past - Harrow! Back to Scrooge. No trains for me Boxing Day! Bah Humbug! We can't possibly let in four or five this time round - Can we? If we do, Christmas is cancelled!
Christmas Yet to Come. Chesham. I find that crew rather interesting. I perceive them as a half Ryman, half Southern combo. Physically strong, hard to break down.
The chance of putting a little un-beaten run together. Nice break in-between. I maintain these seasonal games are a tad un-predictable by nature. This year we need set some realistic targets. Not so much Great Expectations, more obtainable. A test of our resilience. I think it's what's required right now.
The final Dickens reference. "It was the best of times, It was the worst of times" - The lad seemed confused! Which was it! No in-decision here - 3 points Saturday.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: Brilliant win by embee7/12/2019 17:16Sat Dec 7 17:16:24 2019view thread