Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Tactically thinking by rwakeley30/10/2019 22:27Wed Oct 30 22:27:14 2019view thread

Re: I felt numb!

By rwakeley27/10/2019 16:10Sun Oct 27 16:10:12 2019In response to I felt numb!

Views: 7941

Having watched the video and gained some comments my conclusions are drawn. Firstly Luke. Not a character assassination but the lad looks to have a bit of a shocker. Is that form, the loss of Hamblin or wider issues with him in that position? Over to the gaffer. Personally, as stressed previously, I would have the lad patrolling the back line, we now possess options. The one goal, from outside the box, Hayes replicated. These sides have these basic fundamental traits, we either can't or don't counter-act. I accept the loss of Chaps and Corks, but I agree with Rob Bernard over on FB with regards to our formation. I would advocate that despite the same position being Corks best, we need creative links with the wide players and forwards. My take on the snippets, a lot reminded me of the concerns from pre-season. We clearly have not made progress. That video also makes me think despite the personnel issues our problems are also structural and yesterday appears to drive this home markedly.
Personally, I see this as an opportunity, once players come back to garner our style. I worry about that. I look at Poole - many last season raved, I thought they looked a tad sterile. This season a transformation, a step-up in style. I see no reason, with the players we have why we cannot adopt a similar equation. I fear we won't and will take smaller steps in progress. My take from yesterday - clear evidence we need an identity. The home games become critical going into Xmas and I would place significance and intrigue on the minor cup ties as the opposition will provide contrasts in terms of development. I'm nowhere near in panic mode, more one of boredom and repetitiveness. Part of me cannot help thinking we appear to making things more complicated for ourselves. I'm hoping James has his own ideas that come into place over the next couple of months. I can see us evolving in a multitude of directions. We are starting now(ish), effectively from scratch. I look at the teams at the very top as a benchmark. Sides in this league from 7(ish) down are frankly mediocre. I still think we are in the process of trying to establish how to move forward. And I would stress again, we appear to making hard work of things. I'm confused, I don't know if we are any closer or further away from improvement - the formation is critical. I think we'll be fine, based on the overall league. How long this takes remains to be seen.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: I felt numb! by Weston Don28/10/2019 06:05Mon Oct 28 06:05:29 2019

Previous thread: Be careful what you wish for.....Part 1 by rwakeley28/10/2019 22:02Mon Oct 28 22:02:22 2019view thread