Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Part 2: The Manager by John Rogers16/10/2019 15:00Wed Oct 16 15:00:05 2019view thread

Re: Credit where it's due

By rwakeley23/10/2019 19:36Wed Oct 23 19:36:12 2019In response to Re: Credit where it's due

Views: 1553

I would personally advocate a boat-load of credit is actually where it is due!
Pre-match pint in the perfect Pineapple Pub, (Kentish Town), and if you can say that, then you haven't had enough of their American Pale Ale, not knowing from a footballing perspective what the hell to expect.
More than pleasantly surprised. The work-rate and the fluency. I think it was in part aided by Walton, quite an open game as was the equivalent last season. Ewington never had a look in. Delighted with the defensive display. Most of all delighted for James. Some may have noticed the lad has been somewhat castigated of late. Thought the lad Kraig was impressive. Thought he covered with the wide-back position when often doubled up on. Read the game well. Toby, demonstrating promise. I agree with John, above on the lad Reece. That ain't the same lad I saw with us last time out. He didn't even look the familiar, appearance wise. Are we definitely sure it is actually the same lad? I think this is the first incline of the first team constructed by James. Players are slotting into place and we can only get further enhanced as those on the side-lines re-join the fray. I've maintained this turn-around was simmering under the surface for some time, despite recent games. It's been under-pined by James recruitment which I think is appropriate to mention. I was expecting seasonal churn as many clubs endure this time of year with similar back-drops. I think it's fair to say that if last night was really the first examination and scrutiny of the lads brought in, combined with a quiet ruthless approach on the flip side of the ledger, then the lad has shown further personal qualities. Maybe, more luck than by design, I don't know. Some parts may have been dropped into his lap from a great height. Whatever the circumstances, the lad has prevailed and huge credit to the lad. He's passed a managerial test and can now hopefully start to mould what looks an increasingly promising project. Things are looking up. This past phase could well have given rise to the commencement of tangible progress. Top marks to James and the lads. Very well done.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Credit where it's due by Dessie24/10/2019 08:42Thu Oct 24 08:42:14 2019

Previous thread: Knackered... by John Rogers20/10/2019 11:12Sun Oct 20 11:12:14 2019view thread