Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Cups progress - or lack thereof by ChrisHFC27/10/2019 16:11Sun Oct 27 16:11:38 2019view thread

Re: Part 1: Last Night and Players

By rwakeley16/10/2019 17:54Wed Oct 16 17:54:41 2019In response to Part 1: Last Night and Players

Views: 7895

Insightful night. It's falling into place. Based on half a side. Interesting switch of Corks into the No 8 shirt. Lovely. Right, here I go. I've been crying out, to the amusement of some, for a centre-half. We've just got the lad in. Pivotal. This enables Corks to go Lee O'Leary on us. Last night, first half hour, crosses in the box, combinations falling into place Nos 3 & 7 looked in harmony. Equally, I maintain this is not Corks best position, but we require someone whom can pull the strings in-front of the forward(s). We forced corners, lads in the box (in numbers), and better delivery. We could have been 3 up. I maintain the addition of the centre-half would allow Corks to play that role as and when required. Luke or A.N.Other can protect the defence. I still maintain you require both in the side. I think we have the personnel, (once fit). Of whom would play alongside Corks in the advanced role is optional - but we have the options in place. Regarding Dan. I thought we would evolve this way and was dismayed somewhat to lose the lad. I saw him in an Anthony Thomas type regard. Looking at the lads we have recruited, (what a job by James by the way - I was expecting season churn of historic proportions), we no longer need that option and I would advocate given what I've seen of the youngsters look stronger for recent adversities. The injuries have given us an opportunity to access the peripheral problems. I think we have real potential once players are best suited. At least a month away, so remain patient. The strong central third that the likes of the top sides could be replicated. I would advocate we can now clearly see how the width is going to pan out. Quite constructive. I'm really quite impressed. Get it bedded in and get the lads playing a style which gets the best out of them. I think we can adopt a style which takes the best components of all sides and become dominating. For me last night, (defending aside, we look hesitant, that will blow over), we look, knowing where we are, bang on track. Just get over the next phase and we can really start to evaluate and push on.
I slated James and the lads last visit to Hayes. Vary rare. I thought we lacked 'cup tempo' Last night, a different curtailment with regards making progress. That, I think we are starting to deliver. Patience required.
I'll dish out a rollicking when I think it's appropriate. Generally, I try to remain upbeat. I genuinely am. Well played James, your hard work will pay off. Well done.

Edited by rwakeley at 18:10:52 on 16th October 2019

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Part 1: Last Night and Players by Dessie25/10/2019 17:49Fri Oct 25 17:49:17 2019

Previous thread: Luca Valentine by Rainham don17/10/2019 21:42Thu Oct 17 21:42:02 2019view thread