Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Moving forward by rwakeley30/9/2019 16:25Mon Sep 30 16:25:00 2019view thread

Re: Outclassed - Part 2

By John Rogers29/9/2019 09:58Sun Sep 29 09:58:10 2019In response to Re: Outclassed - Part 2

Views: 1748

I decided to sleep on it before posting this time around.

I expected to get nothing before the game and Poole were excellent, I thought. Efficient, compact, passed the ball well and thoroughly clinical when chances fell their way. They looked stronger, fitter and sharper than us. I can only think of perhaps three aerial challenges we won over the 90 minutes and about the same number on the ground whilst some of our boys seemed to be running in treacle at times. The tempo and intensity of the second half last week only a distant memory and the crowd was sub-200 once again.

The league table, even though it's early days, makes for grim reading. 7 points from 8 matches and in the bottom three.

The squad isn't one comprised of players in their first season at this level. Most have plenty of experience at the level above whilst I think maybe only Kam, of the regular starters, hasn't played as high as Step 3 before.

I know we don't have a good budget and I know that restricts the players the manager is able to bring in. I noticed one of our fans on Twitter asking why Zak Joseph has gone to Chesham on-loan? There's a number of reasons - Chesham can afford to pay more, Chesham are around the top of the table and not the bottom -you'd certainly like to think if we knew he was available we'd have been in for him. Despite that, surely, the squad we have man for man should be doing better than this? Those games where we were on top and chances were going begging - if we'd have taken even a fraction of them we'd be what, six points better off?

Watching from the side, the body language doesn't seem good either on the pitch or from the bench right now and that's a bit of a concern. We have some tough games ahead and the worry is that we could quite easily enter November being cast adrift in the drop zone meaning a long hard fight ahead of us. A couple of wins and we're back in touch with mid-table - but where are they going to come from?

I'll be there Tuesday, I'll be there Saturday and I'll be there Saturday week hoping, from somewhere, for better.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: Haysie Fantazee by rwakeley23/9/2019 14:33Mon Sep 23 14:33:09 2019view thread