Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Haysie Fantazee by rwakeley23/9/2019 14:33Mon Sep 23 14:33:09 2019view thread

Re: Progression...

By rwakeley21/9/2019 22:38Sat Sep 21 22:38:45 2019In response to Progression...

Views: 1869

I felt last week as things were coming to a head. Honestly, I questioned if the players were playing for James. I felt our fatally, well documented flaws had become an excuse/natural expectation allowing us to further implode. I posted below, going into Dorch, that post these 2 games, irrespective of results, we would really have to make a determination if/what could be done to address our underlying issues. To be fair to James today, I thought the lad made a consciencous effort to rectify our formation and moreover it was apparent to everyone in the ground that we needed to add width/pace to further upgrade.
I also posted, the rumour that Dan had gone - correct or not - and my disappointment. His hat-trick for Chalfont, Tuesday, only demonstrating further the lad has some scope. Moreover, I've always maintained, 3 up-front, you require all 3 functioning. By the grace of god, we may have actually, by virtue of those changes and an own-goal have hopefully set in place a structure from which to build. Hopefully, the first 46 minutes was the rock bottom required. If so, then presumably Ryan goes central. No-one more than I have been more bloody confused by that lad's role - to the degree, I fully maintain, however we go, the solution is a missing point elsewhere. I still think we need to address the gapping holes behind our midfield as games get stretched - usually in the second half - not a co-incidence. Ryan today, first 45, has difficulty in passing players wide, reverts back to his natural role. Players, hopefully more naturally akin to that role will give us proper balance.
By no means out the woods but, I will take the 'progession' title above and hoping that the bottom is in start hoping that we have something at long last to work with. We have a plethora of individual talent, there's plenty of issues and this really could be the turning point in an upward direction. I think we need a plan and stick to it.
The management, staff, players and supporters deserve it. Shout out to the keeper - cracking couple of games. We've got a decent group of lads - if we get our system right and the players in situe, we can only get stronger.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Progression... by dw22/9/2019 07:24Sun Sep 22 07:24:19 2019

Previous thread: Total Svennis... by John Rogers14/9/2019 18:42Sat Sep 14 18:42:48 2019view thread