Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Falling behind by nessa28/3/2019 08:05Thu Mar 28 08:05:33 2019view thread

Still not happy

By Whispering Minotaur23/3/2019 18:20Sat Mar 23 18:20:27 2019

Views: 2098

Well, that was worse than last week. Poor discipline and a lack of quality has cost us. Why did we just keep lumping the ball up to Connor in the first half? As good as he is in the air, it was meat and drink to their back line.

Andrew McCorkell is simply not good enough, made far too many mistakes, and a completely unnecessary challenge which resulted in his red card. I hope the manager gives Dan Purdue the no.1 shirt for the rest of the season - seen him a few times this season for the U23s and he's generally done very well and deserves a crack at the first team. Pretty certain though there'll be another new face through the door though. Matty Harriott needs to control his frustrations - felt very similar to his previous red. Big well done to Lee Chappell though, thought he put in a good performance between the sticks - was certainly comfortably better than McCorkell has been in any of the games I've seen him play.

Can't fault effort, but we were lacking in quality overall, but fortunately we've only dropped a place in the table if I'm right. Looking at the remaining fixtures, most teams are in reasonable form - tough trip Saturday which I can't make unfortunately (I work Saturday mornings and can't often get away in time for the longer trips) but then a must win home game against Dorchester the week after. With Frome picking up a couple of wins, there are still two relegation spots up for grabs. Still don't think we'll drop, but it's going to be very tight.

To respond to things Simon said in response to my posting last weekend - as I work Saturday mornings and have a partner to get home to, I can't really stay after games to catch a word with the manager as much as I would like to. I do appreciate the interviews that we often get after home games which is why I'm keen to see more on the website. That said, I completely agree that our website is one of the best at this level - long may that continue. The injury update was hugely appreciated - just a shame it took me complaining for it to happen.

Simon - I will aim to come and make myself known to you at a future game for a chat. I didn't arrive until a couple of minutes before kick off today and left on the final whistle. I apologise if anything I said last week was out of order, was just very frustrated that we didn't do what Merthyr have been able to do today.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Still not happy by John Rogers23/3/2019 19:34Sat Mar 23 19:34:29 2019

Previous thread: Not happy by Whispering Minotaur16/3/2019 19:16Sat Mar 16 19:16:22 2019view thread