Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Environment vs Genetics by rwakeley13/1/2019 02:30Sun Jan 13 02:30:52 2019view thread

Gaffer Tape

By rwakeley6/1/2019 13:04Sun Jan 6 13:04:53 2019In response to Re: Today really bloody annoyed me!

Views: 2009

Just tuned in. Maybe, I owe the lad's an apology. Bourne out of frustration, sitting there waiting for the inevitable pattern. This gaffer does come across very well. His message and my rant, I don't think are a million miles away. I thought our centre-halfs were possible our best players yesterday, so I think our problems go way beyond that. The amount of times we lose possesion due to being unable to lay off a simple square pass wide tells everything. The lads down the flanks are frankly all over the place. The Met and Harrow are midfield orientated. Yesterday looked as if we were trying to accomdate four or five players around 2 slots literally suffocating eachother. Shaq, Toomey, Calcutt, Harriott, Mcvey and Elliott all central. First thought, best ballers in the middle. The perception of pace down the flanks only works for me when the entire team functions. Then you still need the right players to execute. I think we need to adapt to the requirements of the league. Several oppos just have a midfield bank waiting in situe. The goals of late underscore the lack of protection for the left/right backs. These teams work well without the ball. There organised. How the gaffer decides to revamp this is going to be interesting. How we get the best out these lads is the key - we need width, I think with more traditional virtues. That is one interesting game next week. Could be quite open. The lad Blakmore working around Mazzone, they epitimize what this league is all about. I do think we carry a threat - it's going to be insightful. I agree with the gaffer, we have better players. His most telling line for me - we need a system.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Gaffer Tape by John Rogers7/1/2019 10:04Mon Jan 7 10:04:28 2019

Previous thread: Froome by dw3/1/2019 18:23Thu Jan 3 18:23:21 2019view thread