Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Playoff permutations by embee21/4/2018 20:42Sat Apr 21 20:42:08 2018view thread

#kebabgate

By rwakeley27/4/2018 12:45Fri Apr 27 12:45:26 2018In response to Re: What a night in Leatherhead! Murphy's goal

Views: 1911

I'm not into Sports Science mumbo-jumbo. Clearly the Gaffer is on the same page. In keeping with scandals though-out time, Contragate, Watergate and the like we could be at the start of a major new sports trend.
Shankly would feed his youngsters with prime rib beef to toughen them up. That went out with 'Horsegate'
Then Wenger showed the way. That went out presumably in 'Pastagate'. See where I'm going with this?
Be warned, I've heard the Chippy in Leiston shuts just early doors so you get in early.
Gaffer summed everything up post-match formalities. Possible home draw. I love the mentality surrounding this group. The energy, it's tangible. These lads have also got some guts. Fighting for eachother. It's energized the terraces.
Quick shout-out to Murphs. Outstanding physical effort. 'Back-post Hammond' marshalled Midson. Brilliant intervention in the previous attack, ironically just before he scored. The corners, thoughts of potential Dulwich in-coming. I thought we coped exceptionally well.
Interview disclosure on contracted players - good to know - solid foundation. Constant rumour mill on that situation. The lad Bray sauntered of the field as if he'd just gone for a walk with his dog. He's going to be a star.
Brilliant couple of games - taken command. Alongside him Arthur tidying up. Quite a partnership.
The bringing on of Uchechi, I thought was vital. An outlet, participated in the play leading to the goal.
On the fan front, 'Newcastle' was there again. Nicest bloke you'll ever meet. Clearly wired differently. Then the Scottish lads are due down. What an undertaking that is.
Leiston, home record be damned.
Enjoy.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: Coach to Leiston by jimsredwhiteandgreen23/4/2018 07:00Mon Apr 23 07:00:25 2018view thread