Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Three Games Left by HendonJohn12/4/2017 20:57Wed Apr 12 20:57:21 2017view thread

Folkestone - DD Day!

By PF8/4/2017 12:29Sat Apr 8 12:29:16 2017

Views: 3164

One D stands for Do and the other stands for Die. Yes it's do or die today. Losing today is not really an option. Ok we can lose and win the next three and stay up theoretically but if you think that's gonna happen you're living in La La Land with Emma Stone!

Anyway we go to Folkestone today looking for all three points but my thinking is that if we can escape with a draw it's not a complete disaster either. Their last 6 fixtures have brought 2 wins a draw and 3 losses. Both those wins came at home which leads me to believe that they are more at home at home if you pardon the expression. What gives me some hope is that their wins to draws and losses pattern shows a team that can't string two wins together. They'll win a game then go three or four without winning before winning again. They won their last game at home to Met Police so if the pattern rings true then they are not going to win today he says completely hopefully!

For them, this is a great chance to banish relegation once and for all. I had a quick look on their forum and their fans are pretty upbeat although they are very wary of what we can do as well having got 7 wins away from home this season. They realise that we are coming there just as desperate for the three points as they are. I don't believe they are underestimating us any more like a few teams did this season.

I hope our desperation for the points doesn't boil over into petty on pitch squabbles as it sometimes tends to. The first goal in this match is going to be crucial. Whoever gets it will have a big foothold from which to build a result. I half expect us to go behind in this match but with cool heads and a steely determination we can get back and possibly nick this game which would be a superb result. But it's gonna be hellishly difficult. No way on earth are we gonna slaughter them like the Sudbury game.

I hope the team does itself justice on the day and brings a point back to SJP at the minimum to give us a fighting chance in the last three games. I still have this feeling that we'll somehow still have a chance of staying up by winning the last match at home to Staines. We just have to keep it alive till then.... any how any way! Come on you Greens! :-)

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Folkestone - DD Day! by PF8/4/2017 16:06Sat Apr 8 16:06:05 2017

Previous thread: Tonbridge by PF1/4/2017 11:33Sat Apr 1 11:33:26 2017view thread