Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Rock solid mindset by rwakeley25/3/2017 17:18Sat Mar 25 17:18:08 2017view thread

Sudbury

By PF25/3/2017 12:47Sat Mar 25 12:47:37 2017

Views: 2321

Wow here we are probably the most important match of the whole season. The loser is going to feel sick as the proverbial parrot after this game that's for sure. If it's a draw then both teams will still be in deep doodoo but I don't really think either can afford a loss to be honest.

I think the first aim in this game should be to keep 11 men on the pitch. That should be the starting point. I hope the management make it as plain as day that the only way to success in this game is by maintaining discipline on the pitch. Anyone who loses it, even under provocation will seriously damage our chances of winning or at least competing in this fixture.

Looking at Sudbury I see a team in complete disarray. Who knows the reason for it but they've either stopped playing for the manager thinking they were safe or they've had injuries or just been plain complacent. Whatever it is their form is completely shocking. They've lost 6 of the last 7 with a solitary 3-1 home win against Folkestone in between. By golly they've been battered lately! 21 goals shipped in the last 7 games makes horrible reading for Sudbury fans.

Thiis can work one of two ways for Hendon in my opinion. They could go either ultra defensive and pack the midfield or go a bit more gung ho and try and go all out and go down fighting. Probably the former in all honesty. The team probably is down and out at the moment and will scratch and fight for every last point.

I don't think getting involved in a tight mid field battle is gonna help us win the game at all. We need to get the ball out wide quicker and put telling balls in at angles for our strikers to feast on. Plus we know chances are gonna be a premium in this game so when one comes along we're gonna have to be efficient and not wasteful.

This is a really hard game to predict but I am a bit fearful of which Sudbury will turn up. The beaten team of recent matches or a side desperate and scrapping to the last breath. Having said that I am quite confident in the lads lately. The Leatherhead game looks like it might have been a bit of a blip in otherwise a very solid run. I expect us not to lose at least. If it's a draw hopefully the teams above lose as well so we don't lose too much ground. However I think we can win this game narrowly with a bit of luck and a resilient and cool performance. Keep the hot heads for another day! 2-1 to us will really put the cat amongst the pigeons that's for sure.

Wish the boys well today and win lose or draw let's hope the team keeps its dignity intact.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: OK...I'm gonna tempt fate by PF25/3/2017 16:17Sat Mar 25 16:17:50 2017

Previous thread: Free Admission at Sudbury by Colchester Don24/3/2017 19:50Fri Mar 24 19:50:30 2017view thread