Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Billericay part 1 by PF25/2/2017 11:35Sat Feb 25 11:35:12 2017view thread

Re: Double over Leiston

By rwakeley5/3/2017 21:19Sun Mar 5 21:19:24 2017In response to Re: Double over Leiston

Views: 2236

No denying the lads have bottle - comparable to the lad Bellew, enjoying a scrap. It doesn't have to be pretty.
We won the opening fixture last month and failed to kick on. Looking in isolation at our remaining fixtures, I remain upbeat.
Having just looked at Billers we have to improve ten-fold Tuesday. I personally thought our performance at their gaff was poor. Their first three crosses resulted in goals - Schoolboy defending. The game was over in half an hour. We have to defend all over the pitch, stop the crosses, they had the freedom to cross at will. We have to defend around the box, not just crowd players leaving others in acres of space. We have to tackle at SJP - it's a dying art form. Players just cut in direction - Arjen Robben would have a ruddy field day!
I presume we will change our stance up front. We need to occupy their centre-halves. I still don't think we have best utilised our front line, yet to see a defined partnership.
Ball looks the chief playmaker, great movement. Barrington looks the part, an athlete.
I feel for the Gaffer, the injuries are persistent - we appear to pick up a lot of problems at training. I don't know if anything is in that other than my personal paranoid ideology.
We have obvious areas of concern which cannot be resolved consistently through traditional graft. Importantly, I maintain there is significant room for all-round improvement.
Keep at it.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: Leiston by PF4/3/2017 10:21Sat Mar 4 10:21:44 2017view thread