Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: A Point Apiece by Deadman20/9/2015 08:38Sun Sep 20 08:38:31 2015view thread

Re: Line in the sand

By Simon13/9/2015 18:56Sun Sep 13 18:56:19 2015In response to Re: Line in the sand

Views: 3029

I may be many things Mike but I don't think I'm silent. I like to think that I answer any and every question that any and every supporter asks me on any and every Hendon-related issue as openly and as honestly as I can.

I won't always do that on a public forum because the Message Board is followed by people who do not support Hendon as well as those who do.

Most supporters know how to get hold of me whether that is by phone, email or face-to-face at a match.

The issue of discipline is a subject that needs to be addressed and I'm sure that Gary's post-match comments after the Leiston match were not just hollow words.

The days of the Corinthian spirit are long gone and players will pick up red and yellow cards these days. It's a fact of life. Neither Aaron Morgan nor Sam Murphy can be described as thugs - far from it

No-one, least of all Gary, wants to see us finish games with less than a full complement of players.

As other supporters have commented, there really is nothing that Gary can do once the players are on the pitch. Three out of the four red cards we received were provoked (a fact, not an excuse). The fourth red card (Aaron's against East Thurrock) was an appalling decision.

Players are fined for dissent cautions.

Gary's job is to sign the right players and pick the right team. Moulding the right squad and the right team takes time, particularly when players leave or are injured as has been the case this season.

That is Gary's job and he is judged by it, along with other factors such as results.

I have never and will never dictate to Gary which players he should sign and which players he should pick. I will, from time to time, share my opinions with him. I expect him to consider these opinions in precisely the same way he would consider the opinions of any other supporter - no more and no less.

We have a chain of command here as there is in every other football club.

The manager signs and picks players.

The Board selects the manager.

What is different with our club is that supporters - or, more accurately, Trust members - get to select the Board.

I trust Gary completely and absolutely to do what is right for the club on and off the pitch and will continue to work with him until such time as I'm no longer the Chairman of the club.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Line in the sand by Claremont Man14/9/2015 14:18Mon Sep 14 14:18:20 2015

Previous thread: Too Many Players? by Deadman13/9/2015 14:56Sun Sep 13 14:56:58 2015view thread