Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Red Card Appeal by John Rogers22/5/2015 12:53Fri May 22 12:53:30 2015view thread

Re: Diappointment and Relief

By John Rogers18/5/2015 10:42Mon May 18 10:42:46 2015In response to Re: Diappointment and Relief

Views: 4338

I agree, we are certainly no angels when it comes to theatricals, harranguing of matchday officials and 'professionally' closing out a game so we can't really try and claim the moral high ground.

It's hard to comment on too much of yesterday, as I only saw the final half hour or so after counting the gate money, but I thought the boys gave it a good go in the second half. You certainly couldn't have accused any of them of shirking their responsibilities and not giving their all - you could see how much it meant to them at the end of the game by just how broken so many of them looked.

That said, I had the suspiscion that Margate probably had another gear to find going forward had they needed to. Their number 5, Charlie Wassmer, made two or three Brathwaite-esq interventions when Leon was sniffing around.

A crying shame that we weren't able to get over the line yesterday, and I felt unable to speak for about 10 minutes after the final whistle. But that should not detract from a heroic season by each and every member who has represented the club this season. I've not known anything like it and certainly never dreamt that we could have achieved what we have done this season.

Congratulations to Margate and Maidstone, I'm sure they'll both do well in the Conference South - for us, I think we have a big summer ahead of us. If we can keep the squad together and maybe add one or two to deepen numbers, there's no reason why we can't go ahead. I suspect there will be some wealthier sharks circling more than one or two of the boys, licking their lips at the prospect of adding them to their ranks.

Finally, on a personal note, thank you to each and every individual who has taken time out to help at any stage this season with some of the matchday jobs. It hasn't always been easy, but without your time and effort, putting home matches on would be nigh on impossible.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Diappointment and Relief by Claremont Man18/5/2015 14:58Mon May 18 14:58:19 2015

Previous thread: 7 Business lessons we can learn from Hendon FC remarkable season by dan_currency19/5/2015 19:22Tue May 19 19:22:49 2015view thread