Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Trebles all round. by Colchester Don10/2/2015 20:11Tue Feb 10 20:11:05 2015view thread

Re: The skipper...

By tw987 (legacy user)8/2/2015 08:18Sun Feb 8 08:18:31 2015In response to The skipper...

Views: 3877

I am a relatively new supporter to the club, and was at Lewes yesterday. It is a shame that our captain lets himself down so badly with his discipline. I was browsing the FA website last night - he starts a 2 match ban for accumulation of bookings next Saturday, and then a 4 match ban for yesterday's red card. Assuming there's no postponements - after tomorrow's game he won't be able to play until 7th March!

I know I'm new to the club, only been coming for about a year - but this, together with the various rumours that I hear about his behaviour off the pitch, is not becoming of a captain of any side, in any sport, at any level.

I would be interested to hear the thoughts of the board and the management team about Kevin's discipline and rumoured off-field behaviour - if true on the latter stage. He is supposed to be a role model - this is not the behaviour I want my children to see when they are old enough to come to games.

For me this is a situation where the club do need to say something to the supporters. It is suspensions like this that, as John said, could cost us a place in the play-offs. Kevin, when he's concentrating on playing like we all know he can, is one of the best defensive midfielders in this league. For me, his discipline is too much of a risk.

I believe Seeby has 2 more games to go on his suspension and O'Leary has one more to go - we need to get the discipline sorted out if we want to ensure we get a spot in the play-offs (I think the title is Maidstone's to lose now).

On a positive note, I must say a huge well done to the other members of the squad yesterday for the recovery after going behind and the red cards to secure the win - well done all. Kevin - I hope you're hanging your head in shame this morning. You have let the club and it's supporters down very badly in my opinion.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Benefit of the doubt by rwakeley8/2/2015 11:22Sun Feb 8 11:22:27 2015

Previous thread: Gary McCann by Simon2/2/2015 09:16Mon Feb 2 09:16:12 2015view thread