Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Lowestoft by rwakeley10/3/2014 22:00Mon Mar 10 22:00:35 2014view thread

I havn't had a rant for a while...

By rwakeley (legacy user)9/3/2014 02:25Sun Mar 9 02:25:23 2014

Views: 4358

Here goes - More is less...
I am totally of the opinion that we are simply saturated with too many games at this level - to the degree where the key pre-requisite is which side is the fitter. Most teams, it would appear now have to face anything upto 20 games in the final two months, at which point the sheer credibility of the product becomes undermined.
Sitting in the stand this afternoon, I felt for the Simon, I felt for the management, players and fellow supporters and really had to wonder if what I was whitnessing was a true underlying reflection of the teams abilities.
I watch football at this level because I truely appreciate the efforts of all the forementioned personnel and their input. Playing four games in a week is farcical. No other league set-up would tolerate such insanity.
If the key mandate is play till you physically drop, well then congratulations, we as a league make a complete mockery of the whole season by asking part-time particpants to contribute so much for so little, in so such a small period to time.
Whilst some may argue that this in itself is part of the character in determining the eventual outcomes - I advocate winning a third of your league campaign should not come down to which team has the least walking wounded.
As is the norm, Hendon on the day gave every ounce. Everybody is going beyond the call of duty. I embrace that - Hendon were the winners - but in terms of objectivity I can't help thinking in a way we are all being cheated, because I would feel the same had Hendon lost.
In this predicament, I want Hendon to win more than ever, the lads spirit has in the time I have followed them never been so evident. They deserve success because they have dug so deep and the lads clearly thrive in adversity.
Irrespective of my rant - bring on Lowestoft.

rwakeley

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Just before I go to bed... by rwakeley9/3/2014 02:31Sun Mar 9 02:31:03 2014

Previous thread: Hendon 1-Met Police0 by mello8/3/2014 18:21Sat Mar 8 18:21:03 2014view thread