Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: I havn't had a rant for a while... by rwakeley9/3/2014 02:25Sun Mar 9 02:25:23 2014view thread

Met police

By Jeff Hill (legacy user)8/3/2014 22:36Sat Mar 8 22:36:43 2014In response to Hendon 1-Met Police0

Views: 4558

Allowed plenty of time to get there despite no Met or Piccadilly line from my neck of the woods. On the District line to Wimbledon, got off at Putney for some lunch. By the time I got back on the tube with little time in hand, there was a power failure. Fortunately I was 1st in line at the mini cab office and was quoted 14 sovs to get to Wimbledon. Another failed tube punter begged me to share my cab as he was already late for a wedding at Wimbledon. Being public spirited, and the thought of sharing the fare I agreed. Surprise surprise, got to his wedding and no fxxxxxg change. Desperate to move on I let him off the bulk of his fare and got to the ground in ample time after the panic.
If you're still reading this, we'll done.
Thought we were outplayed in the 1st half (much like the home game) and began thinking a point would be a good result. Changed my viewing position in the hope of bringing good luck, and with half an hour left we finally took control.
Enter Adam Wallace, a brilliant 20 minute cameo, and a winner.
I'll not single out players because they're all heroes in my book but I have to mention 3. Kevin, Lee(o) and Jack, all absolutely superb (not to mention the Gaffer and his crew).
Results didn't go our way as we reel in the teams above us, but we're still hanging in there.
On a sad note, it turns out I'd met Ted Wood without knowing his name, had some nice conversations with him.
RIP Ted, let me dedicate today's win to you.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: What a magnificent set of lads by rwakeley6/3/2014 22:01Thu Mar 6 22:01:48 2014view thread