Re: The Future
Here’s my response given I can’t do much else in this weather…it’s a bit long, sorry!!!
1. I support Hendon FC & like to enjoy a match on a Saturday.. All this other stuff - Next gen, limitless Hendon youth, community work, SJP initiatives, commercials - I have zero interest in.
2. I am very happy with the way the club is run. Simon has been integral to Hendon having a football club post Claremont Road. Without his commitment and determination I doubt we would have a team to support.
gaslighting people who work tirelessly for the club, criticism in how the club is run or who has the right ownership model is all a bit unnecessary tbh.
If the relationship with SJP has been “difficult” I am confident that any decisions would always be taken in the best interests of our club & to safeguard its future.
3. Specifically on “the future”, in 2021 there was a supporter survey which should have set out a current assessment and to shape a future vision for our club.
In my opinion what we got back was essentially an advertisement for Hendon youth and an underlying message of we want young people at matches to boost crowds and we don’t really care about long standing supporters.
it was a massive missed opportunity.
4. David Bedford is trustee of SJP charitable foundation. John Creith & john hart run/own Hendon youth at SJP. I am Happy to be proved wrong but I don’t see how their support for SJP plans can be impartial given their interests?
5. Hendon have a rent-free agreement to play at SJP which runs to 2025. It suits all parties not just HFC.
This thread casts doubt on hendons future at SJP which is a great shame as I - like most supporters - have enjoyed being able to call SJP “home”.
Hendon have of course been in this position before. It’s not nice but SJP should also consider what silver jubilee park looks like without Hendon FC
From what I see SJP benefit considerably from goodwill in the Hendon FC name, the clubs brand & intellectual property is used extensively at SJP. You only have to sit in the clubhouse, boardroom or one of the stands to see that.
May be an insignificant point but having seen the demise of Kingsbury town FC following their link up with London tigers academy I am sceptical when I see SJP football academies proclaiming to be “Hendon FC reserves”.
Strictly speaking They are not. They are separate run-for-profit companies with their own directors unlike say the boreham wood Pase scheme which is linked to the main club with Danny hunter director of both.
Should Hendon pursue a different ownership model & require additional investment considering how KTFC disappeared from the non league scene quite quickly I would be very concerned if this money came from an academy for fear of history repeating itself.
7. Cost of Hendon @ SJP
Not sure how this £40k a year figure is broken down but If it is rent only then I’m guessing Vale farm & earlsmead would’ve cost less.
When the lease was signed in 2015 according to Rob & Simon the club was expected to save £25k a year.
I fully appreciate SJP would now want a return on their investment. A considerable amount has been spent on infrastructure, playing surface, clubhouse, etc but this is not solely for Hendon’s benefit and the excellent facilities are used by different groups
Given what Hendon bring to the table in my opinion they should not be paying £40k a year. .I’d expect the club to pay in that region if they were playing at stonex stadium or the Hive where the club would not be a major partner.
8. The footballing side
NA123 raises excellent points but Respectfully I would disagree with the line “To achieve a good team, it is necessary to provide the manager with a competitive playing budget, “
Money does help but I don’t think it’s a necessity. Gary worked wonders on the budget assigned to him building teams that made the play off final twice, just missing out on play offs in two seasons, various trophy wins (LSC, MSC, lge cup) consistently good runs in the FAC and players who would fight for the club.. players who could’ve been motivated by money and play at a higher level but chose not to.
I don’t believe clubs like potters bar or aveley who get smaller crowds in isthmian or hanwell or beaconsfield in our division work off higher budgets. They do however have a formula that works as their football sides are competing at the right end of the table
If they can do it there’s no reason why we cant
It comes down to player recruitment & retention. Each year a few thousand players are released by EFL clubs into National League & below and that trickles thru the non league game. It’s simply a case of finding a better calibre of player.
From the first post in this thread Rob, David & graham seem to be the key protagonists of SJP initiatives . All 3 were directors of Hendon FC (2008) for 22 years collectively
I am unclear - as directors with a say on opportunities and initiatives for the club to exploit - why they were unable to present a compelling business case for SJPs plans to be delivered or if they did the reasons why these were rejected ? Just seems strange timing to raise this as an issue now when former directors find themselves on the outside looking in.
Next article in this thread: Re: The Future by StAlbansDon14/12/2022 22:21Wed Dec 14 22:21:30 2022
- The Future by StAlbansDon5/12/2022 22:05Mon Dec 5 22:05:07 2022view thread
- Re: The Future by Claremont Road 19697/12/2022 22:31Wed Dec 7 22:31:37 2022
- Re: The Future by StAlbansDon10/12/2022 19:20Sat Dec 10 19:20:03 2022
- Re: The Future by StAlbansDon7/12/2022 23:13Wed Dec 7 23:13:37 2022
- Re: The Future by PhilNev6/12/2022 15:37Tue Dec 6 15:37:25 2022
- Re: The Future by StAlbansDon7/12/2022 19:45Wed Dec 7 19:45:12 2022
- Re: The Future by NA12313/12/2022 08:32Tue Dec 13 08:32:52 2022
- Re: The Future by ktfcprogrammes7313/12/2022 21:20Tue Dec 13 21:20:21 2022
- Re: The Future by StAlbansDon14/12/2022 22:21Wed Dec 14 22:21:30 2022
- Re: The Future by ktfcprogrammes7315/12/2022 10:26Thu Dec 15 10:26:38 2022
- Re: The Future by JatinGuntupalli16/12/2022 00:37Fri Dec 16 00:37:55 2022
- Re: The Future by StAlbansDon17/12/2022 21:44Sat Dec 17 21:44:47 2022
- Re: The Future by NA12324/12/2022 17:35Sat Dec 24 17:35:30 2022
- Re: The Future by NA12325/12/2022 15:28Sun Dec 25 15:28:07 2022
- Re: The Future by NA12326/12/2022 21:31Mon Dec 26 21:31:31 2022
- Re: The Future by Not A Mong27/12/2022 09:04Tue Dec 27 09:04:01 2022
- Re: The Future by Not A Mong27/12/2022 09:13Tue Dec 27 09:13:22 2022
- Re: The Future by JohnnyRice26/12/2022 23:45Mon Dec 26 23:45:40 2022
- Re: The Future by geemickey26/12/2022 21:17Mon Dec 26 21:17:32 2022
- Re: The Future by The Ancient One28/12/2022 13:59Wed Dec 28 13:59:20 2022
- Re: The Future by Not A Mong31/12/2022 13:36Sat Dec 31 13:36:39 2022
- Re: The Future by NA1235/1 19:39Thu Jan 5 19:39:53 2023
- Re: The Future by StAlbansDon8/1 20:42Sun Jan 8 20:42:42 2023
- Re: The Future by Jake HendonLoyal4/2 19:03Sat Feb 4 19:03:40 2023
- The Future - a response by johnnybaker9/2 22:06Thu Feb 9 22:06:39 2023