Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Hendon v Swindon Supermarine highlights by johnnybaker2/3/2023 11:10Thu Mar 2 11:10:06 2023view thread

Re: The Future

By ktfcprogrammes7313/12/2022 21:20Tue Dec 13 21:20:21 2022In response to Re: The Future

Views: 12743

Here?s my response given I can?t do much else in this weather?it?s a bit long, sorry!!!

1. I support Hendon FC & like to enjoy a match on a Saturday.. All this other stuff - Next gen, limitless Hendon youth, community work, SJP initiatives, commercials - I have zero interest in.

2. I am very happy with the way the club is run. Simon has been integral to Hendon having a football club post Claremont Road. Without his commitment and determination I doubt we would have a team to support.

gaslighting people who work tirelessly for the club, criticism in how the club is run or who has the right ownership model is all a bit unnecessary tbh.

If the relationship with SJP has been ?difficult? I am confident that any decisions would always be taken in the best interests of our club & to safeguard its future.

3. Specifically on ?the future?, in 2021 there was a supporter survey which should have set out a current assessment and to shape a future vision for our club.

In my opinion what we got back was essentially an advertisement for Hendon youth and an underlying message of we want young people at matches to boost crowds and we don?t really care about long standing supporters.

it was a massive missed opportunity.

4. David Bedford is trustee of SJP charitable foundation. John Creith & john hart run/own Hendon youth at SJP. I am Happy to be proved wrong but I don?t see how their support for SJP plans can be impartial given their interests?

5. Hendon have a rent-free agreement to play at SJP which runs to 2025. It suits all parties not just HFC.

This thread casts doubt on hendons future at SJP which is a great shame as I - like most supporters - have enjoyed being able to call SJP ?home?.

Hendon have of course been in this position before. It?s not nice but SJP should also consider what silver jubilee park looks like without Hendon FC

From what I see SJP benefit considerably from goodwill in the Hendon FC name, the clubs brand & intellectual property is used extensively at SJP. You only have to sit in the clubhouse, boardroom or one of the stands to see that.

6. Academies

May be an insignificant point but having seen the demise of Kingsbury town FC following their link up with London tigers academy I am sceptical when I see SJP football academies proclaiming to be ?Hendon FC reserves?.

Strictly speaking They are not. They are separate run-for-profit companies with their own directors unlike say the boreham wood Pase scheme which is linked to the main club with Danny hunter director of both.

Should Hendon pursue a different ownership model & require additional investment considering how KTFC disappeared from the non league scene quite quickly I would be very concerned if this money came from an academy for fear of history repeating itself.

7. Cost of Hendon @ SJP

Not sure how this £40k a year figure is broken down but If it is rent only then I?m guessing Vale farm & earlsmead would?ve cost less.

When the lease was signed in 2015 according to Rob & Simon the club was expected to save £25k a year.

https://www.hendonfc.net/News/5543/Lease+signed+for+Silver+Jubilee+Park

I fully appreciate SJP would now want a return on their investment. A considerable amount has been spent on infrastructure, playing surface, clubhouse, etc but this is not solely for Hendon?s benefit and the excellent facilities are used by different groups

Given what Hendon bring to the table in my opinion they should not be paying £40k a year. .I?d expect the club to pay in that region if they were playing at stonex stadium or the Hive where the club would not be a major partner.

8. The footballing side
NA123 raises excellent points but Respectfully I would disagree with the line ?To achieve a good team, it is necessary to provide the manager with a competitive playing budget, ?

Money does help but I don?t think it?s a necessity. Gary worked wonders on the budget assigned to him building teams that made the play off final twice, just missing out on play offs in two seasons, various trophy wins (LSC, MSC, lge cup) consistently good runs in the FAC and players who would fight for the club.. players who could?ve been motivated by money and play at a higher level but chose not to.

I don?t believe clubs like potters bar or aveley who get smaller crowds in isthmian or hanwell or beaconsfield in our division work off higher budgets. They do however have a formula that works as their football sides are competing at the right end of the table

If they can do it there?s no reason why we cant

It comes down to player recruitment & retention. Each year a few thousand players are released by EFL clubs into National League & below and that trickles thru the non league game. It?s simply a case of finding a better calibre of player.

Club Governance

From the first post in this thread Rob, David & graham seem to be the key protagonists of SJP initiatives . All 3 were directors of Hendon FC (2008) for 22 years collectively

I am unclear - as directors with a say on opportunities and initiatives for the club to exploit - why they were unable to present a compelling business case for SJPs plans to be delivered or if they did the reasons why these were rejected ? Just seems strange timing to raise this as an issue now when former directors find themselves on the outside looking in.

Edited by ktfcprogrammes73 at 21:35:28 on 13th December 2022
Edited by ktfcprogrammes73 at 00:51:12 on 14th December 2022

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: The Future by StAlbansDon14/12/2022 22:21Wed Dec 14 22:21:30 2022

Previous thread: Hendon v Harrow highlights by johnnybaker31/1/2023 14:39Tue Jan 31 14:39:24 2023view thread