Re: The Future
This thread is an interesting read and as a recent Trust Board Member and a Director of HFC (2008) Ltd, I will weigh in with my thoughts.
For me the measure of a football club is the success of the first team. The first team is at the hub of the wheel, the other activities and operations are the spokes which add and contribute to the overall Club.
To achieve a good team, it is necessary to provide the manager with a competitive playing budget, in the case of Hendon this means bringing-in additional money.
But how is this to be achieved, whilst being sustainable and maintaining financial stability?
1. Commercial work. Every avenue has to be explored, advertising, sponsorship, sales, naming rights. Corporate and individual.
2. Ownership. The beneficial owners, the members of the Trust, have to step up to the plate. A substantial increase on the cost of a Trust membership is required including the possibility of different levels of membership, with additional benefits for those who are able to pay more. See other supporter owned clubs.
3. Investment. Outside investment is essential and the opportunity has to be made attractive to new Directors who are prepared to put their hand in their pocket. Unpalatable as it may be to some, this will almost certainly need the Trust to relinquish a reasonable part of their ownership to external shareholders. There are several models that could be adopted, the key thing is to enable the opportunity to bring-in new money.
4. Supporters. Every person who puts their money on the turnstile is important and should be valued. An increase in paying support needs be a major target including some cultural change, everyone needs to row in the same direction. Promote the club at every opportunity, pre-match, post-match, instigate a unique DNA and branding, a tribal togetherness that is on every street corner in Brent. Build a successful team playing winning football at the top of the division with a great matchday experience and they will come.
And invest every penny and every pound that is available into the team!
In all the discussions that I was involved with - and there were many over the period - no viable alternatives to the above were put forward. I expect the new business plan to change that position.
I want to see Hendon making a challenge for the National League South in the foreseeable future with the increased profile and benefits that would bring. I shall follow with interest.
Next article in this thread: Re: The Future by ktfcprogrammes7313/12/2022 21:20Tue Dec 13 21:20:21 2022
- The Future by StAlbansDon5/12/2022 22:05Mon Dec 5 22:05:07 2022view thread
- Re: The Future by Claremont Road 19697/12/2022 22:31Wed Dec 7 22:31:37 2022
- Re: The Future by StAlbansDon10/12/2022 19:20Sat Dec 10 19:20:03 2022
- Re: The Future by StAlbansDon7/12/2022 23:13Wed Dec 7 23:13:37 2022
- Re: The Future by PhilNev6/12/2022 15:37Tue Dec 6 15:37:25 2022
- Re: The Future by StAlbansDon7/12/2022 19:45Wed Dec 7 19:45:12 2022
- Re: The Future by NA12313/12/2022 08:32Tue Dec 13 08:32:52 2022
- Re: The Future by ktfcprogrammes7313/12/2022 21:20Tue Dec 13 21:20:21 2022
- Re: The Future by StAlbansDon14/12/2022 22:21Wed Dec 14 22:21:30 2022
- Re: The Future by ktfcprogrammes7315/12/2022 10:26Thu Dec 15 10:26:38 2022
- Re: The Future by JatinGuntupalli16/12/2022 00:37Fri Dec 16 00:37:55 2022
- Re: The Future by StAlbansDon17/12/2022 21:44Sat Dec 17 21:44:47 2022
- Re: The Future by NA12324/12/2022 17:35Sat Dec 24 17:35:30 2022
- Re: The Future by NA12325/12/2022 15:28Sun Dec 25 15:28:07 2022
- Re: The Future by NA12326/12/2022 21:31Mon Dec 26 21:31:31 2022
- Re: The Future by Not A Mong27/12/2022 09:04Tue Dec 27 09:04:01 2022
- Re: The Future by Not A Mong27/12/2022 09:13Tue Dec 27 09:13:22 2022
- Re: The Future by JohnnyRice26/12/2022 23:45Mon Dec 26 23:45:40 2022
- Re: The Future by geemickey26/12/2022 21:17Mon Dec 26 21:17:32 2022
- Re: The Future by The Ancient One28/12/2022 13:59Wed Dec 28 13:59:20 2022
- Re: The Future by Not A Mong31/12/2022 13:36Sat Dec 31 13:36:39 2022
- Re: The Future by NA1235/1 19:39Thu Jan 5 19:39:53 2023
- Re: The Future by StAlbansDon8/1 20:42Sun Jan 8 20:42:42 2023
- Re: The Future by Jake HendonLoyal4/2 19:03Sat Feb 4 19:03:40 2023
- The Future - a response by johnnybaker9/2 22:06Thu Feb 9 22:06:39 2023