Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Hendon v Swindon Supermarine highlights by johnnybaker2/3/2023 11:10Thu Mar 2 11:10:06 2023view thread

Re: The Future

By PhilNev6/12/2022 15:37Tue Dec 6 15:37:25 2022In response to The Future

Views: 12938

I like to think I've had good relationships with Simon & Rob over the years, so this isn't a post backing one or the other. I like both of them for what they do for grassroots clubs. Neither is it sent to provoke a direct response, other than understand the setup/model more. It's just my viewpoint when looking in at a club I support.

If this statement is in relation to the future, and Simon's departure as Chairman, like him or not, I feel it could be better worded to acknowledge the work and dedication Simon has put into the club since the club was taken over by the trust.

I want the club to thrive and will only do so by keeping a positive environment for all volunteers and supporters, with specific and independent football and commercial plans.

From a personal point of view from the outside, on the playing side and the links into SJPs commercial interests I don't like the look of it, but I'll be happy to be proved wrong. The community side of SJP continues to look superb.

Fundamentally, are Hendon and SJP looking to be one and the same? Without knowing how the trust and ownership model fully works, is it SJP that pulls the punches or the Trust membership, or both? In the past I haven't liked the HendonYouth twitter feed being a tool to attack the chair when not being happy with something he has said. As a club we should be better than that.

In the future if Cyrus or anyone that becomes chair doesn't agree or engage with SJPs ethos does that mean the club wouldn't be welcome to remain at SJP in future years? Did Simon not want a united HFC which involved the youth sections, and community projects/groups. From a Hendon FC point of view and anyone supporting them the first team will always be the no.1 priority, wherever they play. Hopefully it remains at SJP with a dedicated group of volunteers all doing what is right for the club.

As always, where I can I'm happy to assist the club if ever needed.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: The Future by StAlbansDon7/12/2022 19:45Wed Dec 7 19:45:12 2022

Previous thread: Hendon v Harrow highlights by johnnybaker31/1/2023 14:39Tue Jan 31 14:39:24 2023view thread