Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: My head hurts! - Part 1 by rwakeley2/1/2022 00:18Sun Jan 2 00:18:19 2022view thread

Thoughts

By rwakeley28/12/2021 17:11Tue Dec 28 17:11:16 2021

Views: 4002

Battle of Earlsmead 2021 - Up there with the classics. Agincourt, Trafalgar, Dunkirk, Cascades nightclub 1987, (you had to be there)! How many days have we got?
I generally dismiss Xmas games v Harrow as unpredictable seasonal quirkiness. A lack of cohesion followed by an iron resolve. I thought it was actually extremely revealing and a beneficial outing.
I thought our C/H pairing struggled, as many would, with the effervescence of Ewington. The absence of the lad Brewer for me was pivotol. Getting one or two fit and having a full complement, something not seen at Hendon in some time is vital. Harrow for me remain a continual WIP. I do like aspects of their game. Moore and Kunie industrious. I admire how they work with triangles and overlap down one flank and go long down the other. I always leave games at their place frustrated. Other than one play-off demolition, I don't recall us dominating. Tactically, I don't think we have left our mark and truly dominated. You go to other grounds, good days and bad. I do think they have an almost hotchpotch of style of games that unsettles us. I think as Lee becomes entrenched and becomes more familiar with opponents over time, we may hopefully with a full squad be able to cut our cloth and set-up accordingly. January awash with severe tests all of which are inherently unique. I do think our squad has, when fit, differing credentials.
I was disappointed with the quality of both sides with regards set-pieces and corners. No real chances ensued. Several deliveries failing to pass the first defender. This next month, for me is our stiffest test. These lads have proven they have some guts. I don't think we need to get drawn into handbags situations. Contributing to our own downfall. A state of mind. We have older more experienced heads to control things on the pitch.
Plenty of thoughts for Lee, available personnel, selection and responsibilites and roles. A resolution displayed yesterday suggests we are going to be difficult to overcome. A different kind of test was passed yesterday and pleasing to see. Well played - great effort. Interesting month ahead.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: Anyone for Tennyson? by rwakeley23/12/2021 12:17Thu Dec 23 12:17:30 2021view thread