Re: FA Cup
Robin Friday wouldn't have been playing in the 1966 match.
There are all sorts of myths about Friday - from defecating in Mark Lawrenson's kitbag to being found dead from a heroin overdose in a bog cubicle at Piccadilly Circus tube station.
"The Greatest Footballer You Never Saw" contains a fair few inaccuracies. I briefly lived in the low-rise crap-hole in which he grew-up - Caine House on the now demolished South Acton Estate. They mis-spell that in the book, though I can't recall exactly how. I wasn't aware that was where he'd grown-up until I re-read the tome many years later.
Reading signed Friday after he'd had a couple of impressive games against them for Hayes in the 1972/72 FA Cup. He was only 20 years of age that season.
Next article in this thread: Re: FA Cup by Morgs7/12/2021 19:00Tue Dec 7 19:00:04 2021
- FA Cup by Clived5/12/2021 11:15Sun Dec 5 11:15:21 2021view thread
- Re: FA Cup by ChrisHFC5/12/2021 14:08Sun Dec 5 14:08:55 2021
- Re: FA Cup by Clived5/12/2021 21:48Sun Dec 5 21:48:00 2021
- Re: FA Cup by ChrisHFC7/12/2021 11:57Tue Dec 7 11:57:20 2021
- Re: FA Cup by Warwickshire Dons18/12/2021 23:08Sat Dec 18 23:08:45 2021
- Re: FA Cup by Morgs7/12/2021 18:00Tue Dec 7 18:00:46 2021
- Re: FA Cup by Morgs7/12/2021 20:03Tue Dec 7 20:03:05 2021
- Re: FA Cup by Morgs7/12/2021 19:00Tue Dec 7 19:00:04 2021
- Re: FA Cup by Paul Butler11/12/2021 01:34Sat Dec 11 01:34:48 2021
- Re: FA Cup by Morgs7/12/2021 19:55Tue Dec 7 19:55:33 2021
- Re: FA Cup by Clived7/12/2021 14:57Tue Dec 7 14:57:37 2021