Re: FA Cup
"Name?...Sybil Fawlty... Specialist subject - the bleedin' obvious."
Dave Bacuzzi was the #2.
Played for Arsenal and Citeh before dropping down to Reading.
No way does that programme say Bacuzzi... even with 4 M's and a silent Q.
The rest of the XI was as per programme.
George Harris opened the scoring after 2 minutes, dribbling past a couple of green shirts and rounding John Swannell before rolling the ball home.
Rod Thornhill pounced on a second-ball, after a Pat Terry header came down off the crossbar, to make it 2-0 on 17 minutes.
An unmarked Thornhill added the third after 36 minutes, from a Harris cross, on a rapid breakaway.
The Reading Evening Post report shows an exposed and scrambling Swannell, who reportedly had a fine first half, sprawling in vain as Thornhill tucks the ball away behind him.
Ashworth pulled a goal back 4 minutes after HT.
Attendance given as 4,300.
All the Reading Evening Post archive is available online.
Next article in this thread: Re: FA Cup by Clived7/12/2021 14:57Tue Dec 7 14:57:37 2021
- FA Cup by Clived5/12/2021 11:15Sun Dec 5 11:15:21 2021view thread
- Re: FA Cup by ChrisHFC5/12/2021 14:08Sun Dec 5 14:08:55 2021
- Re: FA Cup by Clived5/12/2021 21:48Sun Dec 5 21:48:00 2021
- Re: FA Cup by ChrisHFC7/12/2021 11:57Tue Dec 7 11:57:20 2021
- Re: FA Cup by Warwickshire Dons18/12/2021 23:08Sat Dec 18 23:08:45 2021
- Re: FA Cup by Morgs7/12/2021 18:00Tue Dec 7 18:00:46 2021
- Re: FA Cup by Morgs7/12/2021 20:03Tue Dec 7 20:03:05 2021
- Re: FA Cup by Morgs7/12/2021 19:00Tue Dec 7 19:00:04 2021
- Re: FA Cup by Paul Butler11/12/2021 01:34Sat Dec 11 01:34:48 2021
- Re: FA Cup by Morgs7/12/2021 19:55Tue Dec 7 19:55:33 2021
- Re: FA Cup by Clived7/12/2021 14:57Tue Dec 7 14:57:37 2021