Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Swindon by rwakeley2/10/2021 17:20Sat Oct 2 17:20:15 2021view thread

A game of creosote!

By rwakeley26/9/2021 11:56Sun Sep 26 11:56:20 2021

Views: 4716

I watched the highlights of Wimborne v Chesham a week or so back and on the back of that if there was ever a game that panned out in terms of exactly what was was written on the tin that was it! I thought we were excellent first half, my concern of replicating it second 45 - by and large dismissed. I don't they are a good side. As shown in the Chesham game they have problems defending the edge of the box and lack height. I do think handling crosses was a mainstay of the game and that is my concern going into Tuesday. We can't give away unnecessary corners and free-kicks. I am impressed with our threats from corners. I think we are beginning to demonstrate more in the way of our own threats. I maintain handling the threats of others is equally significant in this league as a lot is telegraphed.
I expected a slightly different approach up-top. I thought playing into Joe centrally and him laying off into the path of Brooks would have been the order of the day. However, roaming around, I thought Liam looked lively. His role for me, is still to be properly set in stone. Lee likes him as a traditional 10 - I have no personal problem with that. I think it's an interesting dynamic and I think yesterday was revealing in Liam's involvement.
I thought Tommy at the back was influential, orchestrating things and his leadership was evident in marshalling the backs. I think that lad is absolutely pivotal. Literally.
If anything, right now, I'm most concerned about our centre-half position. Dealing with crosses. I thought, Wimborne was an ideal fixture at the exact time required. I think it freed us up a bit, particularly at home. Tuesday night, I maintain will probably give a more realistic examination. Clearly, things are improving, not just on the injury front but from a functional perspective.
Well played - bring on Chesham.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Thank you..... by rwakeley28/9/2021 07:07Tue Sep 28 07:07:04 2021

Previous thread: Objectively speaking by rwakeley14/9/2021 23:24Tue Sep 14 23:24:17 2021view thread