Part 2 - Computer problems aside!
Staines away lost 0-4, part of our run into the play-offs! The significance. For me, the best performance I've seen from Tommy Brewer. It was for Staines! My view from playing from the back is not predicated on some dodgy passing amongst the backs, it's what he did that night. He stood all night around the centre-circle - goalie rolling the ball to him, everybody using him as a fulcrum. Short passes to the wide lads pushing forward - longer balls, the type now being played to Sean - only on this occassion to Elliott Buchanan. He ran the show.
I spent the first two seasons in this league, wanting someone like him. Now we have him. Not only that, I think we have others of whom can fullfill the role. I want to see him do more of that. That night he was 20 yards further up the field.
Other sides have an outlet from the back. I thought the Willie Young lad at Arsenal's level had it. We need link-up play to start from the back. Lee knows, he used the word 'fluency'
I thought Saturday rammed home a lot of pointers. Also with Brewer/whoever else, I want to make another point.
A lot of oppos main threat all constitute around the No 10. I think Tommy is equipped more than most to intercept this threat. I always admired 'Big Dave' for closing down and blocking shots, there's improvements here because frankly we losing a lot of the second balls. Onto Part 3.
Next article in this thread: Re: Part 3 by rwakeley6/9 20:31Mon Sep 6 20:31:00 2021
- History repeating... by rwakeley5/9 00:41Sun Sep 5 00:41:23 2021view thread
- Re: History repeating... by Dessie5/9 08:45Sun Sep 5 08:45:53 2021
- Re: History repeating... by Warwickshire Dons5/9 19:05Sun Sep 5 19:05:21 2021
- Re: History repeating... by John Rogers5/9 19:21Sun Sep 5 19:21:27 2021
- rt 1 by rwakeley6/9 19:58Mon Sep 6 19:58:03 2021
- Part 2 - Computer problems aside! by rwakeley6/9 20:14Mon Sep 6 20:14:34 2021
- Re: Part 3 by rwakeley6/9 20:31Mon Sep 6 20:31:00 2021
- Re: Part 3 by Tintown9/9 21:38Thu Sep 9 21:38:46 2021