Appreciate the feedback. Lee said 'not all doom and gloom' - same thought Saturday in my head. Different Saturday.
Is it possible to form conclusions on a 6min post-match video? For me, a very revealing set of highlights.
Early Corby attack. The contrast. Ball out wide, we with Brooks, Sean or Wilson would almost certainly make a bee-line for the by-line. They passed back for a back to deliver a guaranteed cross for a target man. Not just in the current climate we have limitations in that regard. That is not a cricism, but a style related issue. A physical side in our league, A Truro, a Taunton would have almost surely replicated the Corby instance. Regardless, I do think we can mix and match more, moreover there are times when you have to mix things up. The second ball ratio of wins for me is a concern. I do have an inherant problem with our shape. For me, our wide lads are very high and are constantly in wait for service. There is not the interaction with other players. A Carshalton side spring to mind. Quick gives and goes.
I have recently highlighted my thoughts on our distribution in this regard from the back-line being our main source of attack. Part 2. Coming up, the date 20th March 2018!
Edited by rwakeley at 20:05:16 on 6th September 2021
Next article in this thread: Part 2 - Computer problems aside! by rwakeley6/9 20:14Mon Sep 6 20:14:34 2021
- History repeating... by rwakeley5/9 00:41Sun Sep 5 00:41:23 2021view thread
- Re: History repeating... by Dessie5/9 08:45Sun Sep 5 08:45:53 2021
- Re: History repeating... by Warwickshire Dons5/9 19:05Sun Sep 5 19:05:21 2021
- Re: History repeating... by John Rogers5/9 19:21Sun Sep 5 19:21:27 2021
- rt 1 by rwakeley6/9 19:58Mon Sep 6 19:58:03 2021
- Part 2 - Computer problems aside! by rwakeley6/9 20:14Mon Sep 6 20:14:34 2021
- Re: Part 3 by rwakeley6/9 20:31Mon Sep 6 20:31:00 2021
- Re: Part 3 by Tintown9/9 21:38Thu Sep 9 21:38:46 2021