Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: History repeating... by rwakeley5/9/2021 00:41Sun Sep 5 00:41:23 2021view thread

Harrow

By rwakeley31/8/2021 09:34Tue Aug 31 09:34:36 2021

Views: 1298

All down the winning the midfield contest for me. Just glanced on the Harrow forum, one poster thought it was entertaining. Football does certainly divide opinions. I thought the overall standard was very poor. Maybe a tad fatigued. The players trudged off, not much in the way of lightness. Understandable if so. At the end of the day we won, and you have to grind certain games out. A lot of credit for that.
I was surprised with Harrow. Injuries aside, I expected regimented banks and lots of neat one-twos and short passing.
No fire-power, Ewington missing. I was impressed with the lad Uche. To me, a bit square peg, round hole. I get the impression from Harrownet that the lad has played midfield. It all sounds a bit familiar.
On that point, David Wright over on FB recently put out the notion that the league may take some time to settle due to the Covid lay-off. He maybe Wright! Looking in early doors, I do think sides are struggling to gain any traction.
I thought we won because we won the midfield, hopefully learning from Dorchester. The increase in bookings and the Ref's constant warnings against our lads suggests to me we are getting more physical, which for me is a huge positive.
Alongside Uche, I thought Bayley was the standout. Clearly, the lad is improving. He reminds me of Stephane Unpronounceable under James. He drove me up the wall. Viera, game-changing runs forward one week, nothing the next. Again, in my view, against certain sides you can see him doing potentially very well. I think there is a certain horses for courses about him. I think finding the right match-up in midfield for Lee is going to hurt his head the most.
Well done to the lads for sticking to the task. A win changes the wind conditions. A more positive climate.
Well played.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Harrow by harrowred31/8/2021 11:35Tue Aug 31 11:35:32 2021

Previous thread: The way I see it - Part 1 by rwakeley23/8/2021 12:22Mon Aug 23 12:22:07 2021view thread