Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Best result in England today! - PERIOD! by rwakeley14/8/2021 17:15Sat Aug 14 17:15:25 2021view thread

Good luck lads - Let's Go!

By rwakeley13/8/2021 09:31Fri Aug 13 09:31:52 2021

Views: 4596

Immediate thoughts are with those in Plymouth overnight!
As for our own exploits, I can't wait to get up and running. First up, the appetizer consisting of Rooney and Harvey. Then the main course for me, scintillating form, Messrs Amartey and Emmanuel. Hopefully, as indicated below, some maybe back in contention. My thoughts go back to the LSCF v The Bees. The rear-guard action. I think the Gaffer has some quandaries. I wasn't impressed with how we dealt with the crosses on Saturday. The CH pairing is going to be interesting. And where Tommy Brewer is placed on the Chess-board is for me not a straight-forward selection. I have him down in my mind in any one of three positions! Over to Lee!
Then Hayes! For me a different proposition, more sliding balls through the channels. My thoughts on that one are more Hampton friendly. When Niko was most clearly defined, I thought Hampton looked at their most threatening. I think there is a clear distinction between the two.
Obvious concerns surround how we hold the ball up top. And for me, the distribution from the keeper. A lot of teams visiting SJP have played with a very high line. I do maintain, we have struggled to date in this division with regard to our own style in that regard. Even with a full compliment, I think there are unresolved issues. But none that cannot be resolved. I do think we need some games just to see where we are at.
The most difficult start imaginable. I don't see it as a baptism of fire - more an early indication of the top standard.
I think this time next week, Lee will have learned more than playing in a 100 more friendlies.
We're ready - Let's go!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: Bromsgrove by rwakeley8/8/2021 10:15Sun Aug 8 10:15:16 2021view thread