Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Hampton by rwakeley27/7/2021 15:37Tue Jul 27 15:37:13 2021view thread

Re: Pre-season thoughts - Part 3

By rwakeley21/7/2021 10:05Wed Jul 21 10:05:47 2021In response to Re: Pre-season thoughts - Part 2

Views: 1007

I look at the depth of the squad, the options - I've never seen a Hendon squad remotely like it. There's a flexible dynamic, I think if we nail this and get things settled and get into a rhythm we could really set things alight.
In all honesty, I was not a huge fan of what I can recollect from Quba's first spell - although everything was in a mess.
If that lad for comes in and performs in a way to how Elliott Braithwaite did for his short spell with us - we can only see that as a huge benefit.
I do think Joe is in for a huge season. Moreover his goals, for me it's his overall contribution around the box. He reminds me of Mazzone down at the Met. Again, for me, Mazzone has had - actually no longer - his mate Blackmore.
I think Joe needs that established relationship with a central midfielder in terms of link up - we have had a tendency again around the hour mark, to go long. I think that is a vital piece of the jigsaw.
I would imagine Lee has plenty of thoughts this morning, best time to have them. I think, unlike the top premier league sides of whom channel resources into their main striker a Plan B is required. A fall-back provision in case Joe gets injured. The new lad may dovetail nicely. I would even be prone at this stage to have a look at seeing how they play together.
Overall, this is one heck of a squad shaping up. I bash on about patterns and personally believe they remain and are carried over, until I'm convinced they no longer exist. I don't advocate just because a cut-off point has expired, that all of a sudden problems have been resolved. That being said, I maintain we have more potential going into a campaign since our last play-off appearance. IF we fire on all cylinders and gel we should be in for a very good season.
Time to get stuck in.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Pre-season thoughts - Part 3 by Dessie22/7/2021 00:01Thu Jul 22 00:01:02 2021

Previous thread: LSC Final by rwakeley31/5/2021 22:23Mon May 31 22:23:07 2021view thread