Re: On this day feature
David is quite correct it is a most interesting review each day. A player that features regularly in the reports is Miles Spector. He was a regular in the team from the mid 50s to early 60s at either number 11,or more latterly 9. Popular with the Hendon, faithful, not so popular with away fans. He had a vague resemblance to General Nasser and the Suez crises and this engendered the "Nasser"nick name. He also had an aggressive attitude with goalkeepers shoulder charging them in the days when they were less protected by referees. He scored loads of goals for the club some 150+ in his 280 appearances. He played in the 1960 cup final inspite of carrying a bad cartilage all season. He played his last games for the club in 1963, and moved on to Wingate , by which time a new generation of players had arrived at the club, Peter Slade, Gerry O'Rourke, David Hyde et- al. Hendon FC first 100 years should be on every supporter's book shelf, page 166/7 for more information of a great player.
- On this day feature by David B5/2/2021 11:59Fri Feb 5 11:59:15 2021view thread
- Re: On this day feature by David B6/2/2021 15:30Sat Feb 6 15:30:42 2021
- Re: On this day feature by Dessie10/2/2021 17:34Wed Feb 10 17:34:00 2021
- Re: On this day feature by David B25/2/2021 18:57Thu Feb 25 18:57:41 2021
- Re: On this day feature by The Ancient One9/3/2021 14:04Tue Mar 9 14:04:45 2021