Re: On this day feature
Sorry that was a typing (maths) error. Of course it was 1976, which was 44 years ago – maybe I just wish it was 34 years ago.
Anyway, I was interested to read the 17th February entry, talking about our 1987 Middlesex Senior Cup tie at Harrow Borough. This was a replay, played with the Greens already preparing to appeal against the game because two Borough players, one of whom was Trevor Guard, were not eligible, having signed after the first game.
The match was eventually declared null and void – after a Harrow appeal. Given they had been told – incorrectly – by a County employee that the players were eligible, this was a fair decision. It took almost two months for the replayed replay to take place and we won it 5–3, after extra time, having trailed 3–0 at HT and Borough had also failed with a penalty. It remains one of my all-time favourite Hendon games.
Next article in this thread: Re: On this day feature by The Ancient One9/3 14:04Tue Mar 9 14:04:45 2021
- On this day feature by David B5/2 11:59Fri Feb 5 11:59:15 2021view thread
- Re: On this day feature by David B6/2 15:30Sat Feb 6 15:30:42 2021
- Re: On this day feature by Dessie10/2 17:34Wed Feb 10 17:34:00 2021
- Re: On this day feature by David B25/2 18:57Thu Feb 25 18:57:41 2021
- Re: On this day feature by The Ancient One9/3 14:04Tue Mar 9 14:04:45 2021