Good to be back on the treadmill. I do like a theory. There's been a few. Usually drunk, late at night. I think there's a schism in football at present. I remember the formulation of the APL. The early dominance of Northern sides, Alty, Runcorn ext. It took several years for the South to take-over. One thing has struck me watching Prem Lg games. The amount of poor delivery from out wide, combined with the lack of penetration from central midfield.
I've been watching highlights from the Northern territories over the past 2 seasons. Games containing Alty, York and Chester. York play Alty this Saturday. Sharp contrast in their goals compared to the Southern play-offs this past weekend. Dartford, Southern ilk lots of crosses from the final third. The Northern sides more traditional. The key for me in an overall context is sides that can cope with attacking and defensive contrasts will suffice. I think we're potentially of that resolve. I do think the sooner we are tested in terms of quality the better. As we draw nearer the start if there's a few available slots, then a decent second string or U23 opposition may show up some thoughts. That Billericay pre-season game sticks in my mind. The way they probed down the flank. I think in the likes of Howe and Perry we have lads of whom could stiffle that. I think we have far better personnel and I for one can't wait to get going.
Next article in this thread: Re: Pre-season thoughts by rwakeley3/8 18:54Mon Aug 3 18:54:43 2020
- Pre-season thoughts by rwakeley21/7 18:25Tue Jul 21 18:25:38 2020view thread
- Re: Pre-season thoughts by rwakeley3/8 18:54Mon Aug 3 18:54:43 2020
- Re: Pre-season thoughts by Warwickshire Dons21/8 23:30Fri Aug 21 23:30:20 2020
- Top lad Warwickshire! by rwakeley23/8 11:36Sun Aug 23 11:36:54 2020
- Re: Pre-season thoughts by rwakeley7/8 13:08Fri Aug 7 13:08:57 2020
- Tommy Smith by rwakeley9/8 13:25Sun Aug 9 13:25:38 2020
- Re: Tommy Smith by Steve Lytton9/8 18:33Sun Aug 9 18:33:26 2020
- Re: Tommy Smith by rwakeley11/8 15:09Tue Aug 11 15:09:33 2020