Just really dropped in to day well done to Lee and the lads. End of Jan, around this time, I always feel the leagues constituents become more defined and the top vs bottom half results become more defined. Next 3 up, we should secure our status, (if not already done so). Then a real test of our credentials. Plenty to play for including the LSC. Contrast today and our last visit there - they hit the post 2 mins in. I expected similar waves in terms of attacking from them. How much onus to place on our early goal is a thought. Sounded from the commentary as if we dominated from the start. Same underlying feel as at the Met. We're imposing ourselves - and away from home. Felt the second 45 they would start strong and push late on. Even under James when riding high there was never the feeling of being able to see games out. The keeper/defence are holding firm under pressure and in isolated attacks. Impressive all-round credentials.
Today, was the first time in 2 years I've felt completely relaxed and fully confident in us being able to bring home full points. It didn't feel in any doubt. Always easier to say in hindsight. I'm looking at going into games with confidence. The tables have turned. There's a more convincing solidarity about us these days.
I'm off to the pub!
Next article in this thread: Re: Wimborne by Dorset Don25/1 19:42Sat Jan 25 19:42:23 2020
- Wimborne by rwakeley25/1 18:08Sat Jan 25 18:08:09 2020view thread
- Re: Wimborne by Dorset Don25/1 19:42Sat Jan 25 19:42:23 2020
- Re: Wimborne by John Rogers25/1 21:08Sat Jan 25 21:08:54 2020
- Re: Wimborne by Dessie26/1 00:04Sun Jan 26 00:04:34 2020
- Re: Wimborne by Dessie26/1 00:13Sun Jan 26 00:13:37 2020
- Re: Wimborne by Dessie26/1 00:36Sun Jan 26 00:36:52 2020
- Re: Wimborne by Rabster26/1 00:34Sun Jan 26 00:34:13 2020
- Re: Wimborne by Deadman26/1 12:28Sun Jan 26 12:28:20 2020
- Re: Wimborne by rwakeley27/1 11:35Mon Jan 27 11:35:52 2020
- Re: Wimborne by The Ancient One27/1 12:05Mon Jan 27 12:05:59 2020