Re: Validation Day
A couple of notable things yesterday.
Firstly, the goalkeeper. A brilliant save from the penalty and he seemed to grow enormously in confidence after that.
Secondly, Liam Brooks seems to be far more effective playing down the middle than wide on the right. He can get in between centre-halves, will run all day and makes something out of very little. Amazing what a difference a mobile centre-forward willing to run the channels makes.
Thirdly, it was seriously impressive that even at 4-0, bodies were being put on the line to block shots. At one point I counted a save and then three terrific blocks within a 30-second period.
I'll admit to being a little nervous at half-time. I thought after we got the opener we were then sat too deep and allowed Weston to dictate things. We did well to hang on until half-time still ahead.
Very positive afternoon against a good side. Now we need to build on that and put a series of results together to really pull clear of the bottom three.
Next article in this thread: Re: Validation Day by rwakeley5/1 13:33Sun Jan 5 13:33:41 2020
- No sheet Sherlock! by Paulinbushey4/1 22:52Sat Jan 4 22:52:03 2020view thread
- Validation Day by rwakeley5/1 01:42Sun Jan 5 01:42:42 2020
- Re: Validation Day by John Rogers5/1 09:58Sun Jan 5 09:58:35 2020
- Re: Validation Day by rwakeley5/1 13:33Sun Jan 5 13:33:41 2020
- Re: Validation Day by dw5/1 15:07Sun Jan 5 15:07:07 2020