Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Congratulations to Dave Diedhiou by David B31/12/2019 17:10Tue Dec 31 17:10:29 2019view thread

Chesham

By rwakeley1/1/2020 23:15Wed Jan 1 23:15:49 2020

Views: 1641

First Chesham. I sat in the stand second 45. Intrinsically, it felt is if the environment had a Champion Hill undercurrent. Interesting to see how they evolve. I see comparisons in both sets of CH's. Shout out today to the lad Oshodi and in particular the lad Lucas. Looks like the formulation of a real solid base. And now with the maestro back on board. Very interesting indeed. Some indication of trying to manoeuvre the ball around in those areas. I like the look of Perry's defensive qualities. Stemmed the incoming crosses. You don't get past the lad. And he overlaps as does his counterpart. Old fashion, traditional traits missing in recent line-ups. You can see things taking shape.
I have the odd irritation. I do think we have a tendency to give away possession from situations where we are in control. Goal-kicks evade the entire outfield and land at the opposing keeper. When played out defensively, often into troublesome areas. I think we need some refinement. Just giving the ball back easily. The same with our throw-ins. Again today, Chesham launched counter-attacks from gaining second ball from our failed flick-ons.
The central midfield is a problem carried over, unresolved from the James Gray era. Noticeable again today. Our duo, often in-front of eachother, the opposition in contrast playing alongside eachother. We look numerically out-numbered and are easy to play around. I do think we need to square up. When the passing moves start flowing and link-up play options come in. We become a really delightful proposition. It does seem odd that over the past 18 months we have saved our best performances for those at the top and our worst for those in and around us.
I seem to think more of our losses! I think we can all envisage that there maybe some cause for optimism.
On bad days, you lot on here will still be subjected to rubbish poetry and ballads. There's your incentive.
What a job in a dozen games or so this lad has done.
Very well done.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Chesham by Dessie2/1/2020 22:34Thu Jan 2 22:34:43 2020

Previous thread: Harrow by rwakeley26/12/2019 22:30Thu Dec 26 22:30:13 2019view thread