Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Team for AFC Dunstable by Rainham don28/11/2019 13:51Thu Nov 28 13:51:57 2019view thread

Similarities and Differences

By rwakeley23/11/2019 23:07Sat Nov 23 23:07:48 2019

Views: 1850

Great post-match video, clearly we have a gifted young man at the helm. I have one recent thought, carried over from Swindon. Their goal, and moreover the one today, down the flank, around the edge of the box. Similar goal time to last season, practically identical. The DNA's of these sides coming to the fore. We seen these teams now, 2 years in, a lot, it appears can be telegraphed. One point I find interesting. That Tivvy side today, only 2 starters, in the same corresponding fixture last season. A lot of these teams are undergoing significant attempts at upgrading. Poole and Tivvy for me, clear, tangible progress. The stability of other sides evolution is interesting to monitor in and of itself. Conclusions are being established and defined as we familiarise ourselves with this league.
Style-wise, another top side of whom have the lad/s at the back as a fall-back provision to orchestrate the play. These top sides all have the same traits - and significantly for the fear of repeating myself to death, all score similar goals, again today, against us. Usually, from the back, down the flank, the rest is history. How we go in contrast under Lee remains to be seen. My opinions have been repetitive from day one. The possibility of the blistering pace out wide is significant and may well set us aside. I was highly critical of the likes of Shaq from a defensive stand-point, the goals at home to Weymouth and the red flags highlighted. I think the likes of Shaun and Kameron may start from deeper positions, how it interacts remains to be seen. The goals let in at SJP against the top sides all have similarities, we have to pay attention to leaving our right/left backs exposed. It's going to be really interesting to see how the midfield operates. Very impressed with some of their lads, the centre-half, the central midfield lads, the David Luiz look-alike. We look to be on an upward trajectory. I thought the lads today were a credit. We get in full throttle mode and the feel good factor is back with a vengeance.
We'll see the progress we make over the same timeframes. It could be very interesting. Very well done to Lee and the lad's. More of the same.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Similarities and Differences by John Rogers24/11/2019 11:16Sun Nov 24 11:16:33 2019

Previous thread: Connor Gone by rwakeley21/11/2019 20:11Thu Nov 21 20:11:36 2019view thread