Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: I felt numb! by rwakeley26/10/2019 17:32Sat Oct 26 17:32:41 2019view thread

Re: Be careful what you wish for.....Part 2

By rwakeley29/10/2019 09:13Tue Oct 29 09:13:44 2019In response to Re: Be careful what you wish for.....Part 2

Views: 1695

My final thoughts, because along with John above, I believe much of this is actually hot air. For those wanting a change in manager, I get the notion. I don't agree with it. Let's say James steps down. One thing we can all probably agree on, our best 2 players, right now, Corks and Hamblin. I would say the lad in goal has produced some steady displays. Players closet to the manager will go. We need these players more than ever. We could suffer a mass exodus and be left with absolutely nothing. A new manager coming in, no players, no budget and no chance of recruitment at this time of the season. The consequences could kill us. We could go into a death spiral. We may go do down, we may struggle. I actually think James has actually done a more than decent job with his situation. We had no playing staff 18 months ago. I do not particularly have any desire to go back there, under any circumstances. James has had injury problems off the charts. From Guri last season, to something resembling a current epidemic. He has lost his best forwards to other clubs. He has picked up the likes of Ricardo, Cole Brown and shown he can where available draft players in to the standard of Francis. I think the young man is in the bloody trenches and frankly deserves some respect whatever happens. I want to see what the lad can do over time. No evidence to suggest anybody could have done any better. I don't agree with everything that's gone on in terms of on field activity. Supporters know Jack. That's why he's in the dug-out and we're not. Final statement. Anybody who slates the Board of for short-term struggles on the field of play, at any club, needs their head examining. This period is tough, we have to try and work through it, grow up and rise to the challenges ahead. My thoughts revert back to making travel plans for the games I intend to turn up at and going back to my bowl of Frosties!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: Cups progress - or lack thereof by ChrisHFC27/10/2019 16:11Sun Oct 27 16:11:38 2019view thread