Return to front page

Newest article: Fund our Future plea by johnnybakerYesterday 16:10Yesterday at 16:10:49view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Tactically thinking by rwakeley30/10/2019 22:27Wed Oct 30 22:27:14 2019view thread

Saturday

By rwakeley28/10/2019 11:21Mon Oct 28 11:21:54 2019In response to Re: I felt numb!

Views: 1933

I've gone all Michael Palin - Full Circle! It's all about Luke - I recall writing that one back in pre-season - Full Circle!
Best centre-half pairing Saturday, given how likely we are to engage in aerial and physical warfare, (love the prospect by the way), a call for the Gaffer. I can see us equally pulling off a result at their place as equally getting comprehensively beaten. This is a test of our mettle. It's a roll up the sleeves, dig deep kind of day. This is a different test and one I believe we can pull off. On John's point about being open - I expect that confrontation at Farnborough. We have to get to grips with the characteristics of this division, whilst sorting out our own problems. I do think the last month, brutal but necessary, things have come to a head. Never thought, Matty and Hopey combined in central midfield - through adversity, we may have part-solved that one. I think Hopey can play central midfield and can function better, another call for the gaffer. I do think we are crying out for that fulcrum role. I thought pre-season Luke could do it. I saw how Luke and Hamblin celebrated 'that Billericay pass' - these lads are not stupid. They can pull it off. The 2 video's vs Taunton for me last season, particularly at home demonstrated everything we and them characterised in positives/negatives. I believe 100 percent we can replicate their good aspects into our game and even have threats out wide getting the best of all worlds. I have a clear vision, that's my opinion, of how we can move forward. I'm actually quite excited by this, but frustrated as hell as to why as he manager himself stated, that the tactics have "gone out of the window" No amount of changes in personnel can compensate a lack of harmony. We could win 1-0 or lose 1-8 right now - I don't think it changes the overall perception - a positive result would be nice. I don't think we are a million miles away. Seeing us concede goals that I believe are avoidable makes us all livid - understandably that boils over. We need to get some strength in our spine and however we set up, then scrutinise. It's been an ugly phase, I re-iterate, it feels a bit new dawn, we have to go through this regardless. It's what we derive the key determination. Get stuck in Saturday.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Saturday by Rainham don29/10/2019 08:24Tue Oct 29 08:24:08 2019

Previous thread: Be careful what you wish for.....Part 1 by rwakeley28/10/2019 22:02Mon Oct 28 22:02:22 2019view thread