I've gone all Michael Palin - Full Circle! It's all about Luke - I recall writing that one back in pre-season - Full Circle!
Best centre-half pairing Saturday, given how likely we are to engage in aerial and physical warfare, (love the prospect by the way), a call for the Gaffer. I can see us equally pulling off a result at their place as equally getting comprehensively beaten. This is a test of our mettle. It's a roll up the sleeves, dig deep kind of day. This is a different test and one I believe we can pull off. On John's point about being open - I expect that confrontation at Farnborough. We have to get to grips with the characteristics of this division, whilst sorting out our own problems. I do think the last month, brutal but necessary, things have come to a head. Never thought, Matty and Hopey combined in central midfield - through adversity, we may have part-solved that one. I think Hopey can play central midfield and can function better, another call for the gaffer. I do think we are crying out for that fulcrum role. I thought pre-season Luke could do it. I saw how Luke and Hamblin celebrated 'that Billericay pass' - these lads are not stupid. They can pull it off. The 2 video's vs Taunton for me last season, particularly at home demonstrated everything we and them characterised in positives/negatives. I believe 100 percent we can replicate their good aspects into our game and even have threats out wide getting the best of all worlds. I have a clear vision, that's my opinion, of how we can move forward. I'm actually quite excited by this, but frustrated as hell as to why as he manager himself stated, that the tactics have "gone out of the window" No amount of changes in personnel can compensate a lack of harmony. We could win 1-0 or lose 1-8 right now - I don't think it changes the overall perception - a positive result would be nice. I don't think we are a million miles away. Seeing us concede goals that I believe are avoidable makes us all livid - understandably that boils over. We need to get some strength in our spine and however we set up, then scrutinise. It's been an ugly phase, I re-iterate, it feels a bit new dawn, we have to go through this regardless. It's what we derive the key determination. Get stuck in Saturday.
Next article in this thread: Re: Saturday by Rainham don29/10/2019 08:24Tue Oct 29 08:24:08 2019
- I felt numb! by rwakeley26/10/2019 17:32Sat Oct 26 17:32:41 2019view thread
- Re: I felt numb! by rwakeley27/10/2019 16:10Sun Oct 27 16:10:12 2019
- Re: I felt numb! by Weston Don28/10/2019 06:05Mon Oct 28 06:05:29 2019
- Re: I felt numb! by John Rogers28/10/2019 10:17Mon Oct 28 10:17:22 2019
- Re: I felt numb! by Deadman28/10/2019 10:27Mon Oct 28 10:27:54 2019
- Saturday by rwakeley28/10/2019 11:21Mon Oct 28 11:21:54 2019
- Re: Saturday by Rainham don29/10/2019 08:24Tue Oct 29 08:24:08 2019
- Re: Saturday by Don of Caddington30/10/2019 17:26Wed Oct 30 17:26:55 2019
- Re: Saturday by John Rogers29/10/2019 08:39Tue Oct 29 08:39:47 2019