Re: Next up
Arabic for chasm? Seriously, I am not sure if I was more disappointed at half-time or full-time. The last 15 minutes of the first half were desperate – this after an even opening 30. Overall, two penalties, both soft, a free-kick – needlessly conceded – and a rebound from the post off the keeper for an own goal; those are four awful goals defensively.
But none were as weird as our second. If I was coaching an under-7s team, I would have been more than angry that my goalkeeper had wondered off to the half-way line after we scored. I’ve seen the H&YU film of the incident and not only was the assistant referee aware of the goalkeeper, but also both the red 3 and Ogo Obi had seen Jack Smith away from his goal receiving attention from his bench on the half-way line. I don’t think I have ever seen a referee count the players on the pitch at a restart following a goal. The bottom line the goalkeeper has to be held responsible if, for nothing else, a complete failure to communicate. I thought the Leatherhead own goal in spring 2016 was craziest goal I had seen, but I think this tops it.
- Not hiding behind the comeback by rwakeley5/10 23:24Sat Oct 5 23:24:05 2019view thread
- Re: Not hiding behind the comeback by Colchester Don6/10 08:37Sun Oct 6 08:37:10 2019
- Re: Not hiding behind the comeback by Michael Cox6/10 16:53Sun Oct 6 16:53:08 2019
- Next up by rwakeley6/10 20:06Sun Oct 6 20:06:22 2019
- Re: Next up by Dessie6/10 20:51Sun Oct 6 20:51:26 2019
- Re: Next up by David B7/10 12:36Mon Oct 7 12:36:00 2019