The 2nd half yesterday reminded me of our 2-1 win at Dulwich in the 2nd qualifying round 3 seasons ago. Why? Then, we were up against an in form Dulwich and not fancied to win. But a front 3 of Kahle da Costa, Niko Muir and Karl Oliyide worked brilliantly, stretching the opposition on the flanks with not just pace but strength to support the central striker (Muir). All three moved upwards to higher leagues, but yesterday we were faced with an extremely difficult task at the interval and found a remarkably similar formula. We could have been 4-2 up in the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half. Williams and English this time supplied the pace and power on the flanks and Calcutt was at his very best in the centre.
This should be a real springboard for the season ahead.
Next article in this thread: Re: Progression... by embee22/9 01:05Sun Sep 22 01:05:04 2019
- Progression... by John Rogers21/9 19:00Sat Sep 21 19:00:04 2019view thread
- Take the positives.... by Deadman22/9 10:07Sun Sep 22 10:07:05 2019
- Re: Progression... by rwakeley21/9 22:38Sat Sep 21 22:38:45 2019
- Re: Progression... by dw22/9 07:24Sun Sep 22 07:24:19 2019
- Re: Progression... by embee22/9 01:05Sun Sep 22 01:05:04 2019
- Re: Progression... by Gripper22/9 01:28Sun Sep 22 01:28:36 2019